Amp to power 2 RESX15"s

Bronze Member
Username: Frkkevin

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 76
Ordering two RESX15"s tomorrow so I'm looking for something to push them. I was looking into doing two strapped Kicker 1200.1s (1200rms @ 1ohm) and wire the subs parallel or get the Kicker 2500.1 (2500rms @ 2ohm) and wire them in series. Price range for those two are very close to the same, only difference is less wiring and the subs being wired differently due to the amps different specs. I was also looking at strapped RE 12.1s but I do not know too much about them. Tried finding some on ebay tonight and came across nothing. What are they shipped directly from the company? I'm open to any amp choices. Price really is not the issue. I'm willing to spend around $1,000 on 1-2 amps.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1232
two kx1200.1 strapped will give you a 2ohm load. so either way you have to wire them to a 2ohm load.

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 759
i would probally do the kx2500.1. but straping 2 re 12.1's would probally be the cheapest and probally put out the same amount of power as the 2500.1

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1234
2 kx1200.1 strapped would be 2ohm stable so either way you would wire your subs to a 2 ohm load. i think you can find 2 kicker sx1250.1 on ebay for less than $1000.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us