Whats the best 10" subs for my application

Unregistered guest
Any advice would be appreciated.I have a 1995 rockford punch200ix,I want to replace my dual 10" rockfords punch he"s,they cant handle the power of that amp.they are in a ported box.Im thinking pioneer premere,ppi,rockford stage 3.I have also considered ma,cerwin vega,boston,alpine.Keep in mind its on a budget.Any one know any other place to get a deal other than ebay?

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 738
what are the specs for that amp.

one loud vett
Unregistered guest
The specs are dynamic power rating 500w in mono @ 4ohm 240w x2 @2ohm 150w x2 @4ohm continuous power rating 100w x2 @4ohm 200w x2 @ 2ohm 400w mono @ 4ohm.Hopefully this enough info.Also should I wire it parallel at 2ohm to get max power?Thanks

one loud vett
Unregistered guest
The specs are dynamic power rating 500w in mono @ 4ohm 240w x2 @2ohm 150w x2 @4ohm continuous power rating 100w x2 @4ohm 200w x2 @ 2ohm 400w mono @ 4ohm.Hopefully this enough info.Also should I wire it parallel at 2ohm to get max power?Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Gavbo211

US

Post Number: 88
I would recomend two JL Audio 10W3v2-D4's. i have these subs and i love them. they are a little pricey but not alot like the W7 or really high end JL stuff. U would be underpowering them a little bit but since thats an older rockford im gonna assume it puts out a little bit over its rms rating. feel free to correct me on that statment though im not sure.

Username: One_loud_vett

Belmont, NH Usa

Post Number: 1
What about pioneer premeer tsw1500spl?They are 4 ohm subs can I run my amp paralel mono to get the most out of it with these?The amp would be 500watts @ 4ohs,if I paralel the subs does that change the ohms of the subs or amp?

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 740
i would try 2 RE audio re's there dvc4ohm and are 175watts rms and there only $77, but u might get them cheaper if you get in on the re group buy.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us