Ranges...

Bronze Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 12
what are some good ranges for subwoofer like the Hz? the ones i wanna get are 20-500Hz... is that good

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1735
i cross mine at 63 hz. i'd say the avg cut-off is 80hz. anything above 100 hz is typically meaningless as it pertains to subs, as your other drivers cover those frequencies.
you're not going to hear anything under 20hz. you can barely even feel that.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3426
nowadays thats like the standard they list it @ however its not entirely true cause case in point my previous pioneer sub was listed @ a lower freq than my new type Rs & that pio sub plays awful bad high freq bass where as my new Rs play a hell lot deeper with a ton of better SQ ...........

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 263
Like they said above subwoofers go up around 80hz, most midbass goes up to around 250hz, and midrange speakers go from 250-3000hz.

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 729
i have mine set to play anything 30-75hz, but i've seen ppl cut off at 90hz but i think its pointless to go up that high.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5008
Freq. range specs are pointless, they won't give you any idea of the extension of a subwoofer. You're only going to use one to around 80hz, 100 at most. For optimal transition you'll cross it over closer to 60hz.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
so basically the 100-500Hz wont even be used? then why the hell would they even say that, or even try and make a sub try and range like that?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
and what do you mean you cross yours at ---Hz does that mean it can only make that much Hz or what... this whole Hz thing has me conpletely lost...:-(

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 730
it means that the sub can only play that high of hz, so i have mine cut at 75 hz so my sub won't play a 76hz tone and above.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
ok... so like how do you cut it off at like 75? is there like a button or what LOL?

Silver Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 245
when they say cross, they mean the crossover is set to essentially fade out the levels going into the sub at say 60hz and fade in the level going into the midbass drivers at 60hz. it creates a nice transition from sub to middbass, mid to tweet, ect...
different crossovers have different slopes, or how quickly they reduce levels above their respective crossover point. typically it's 12,18,or 24 db/octave

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
12" Dual Voice Coil Subwoofer
1100W RMS / 2200W Peak Power Per Sub
Dual 4 Ohm Voice Coils Per Sub
Protective Chrome Finish
2.5" 4-layer Voice Coil
Vented Back Plate For Cooler Operation
Stamped & Balanced Aluminum Cone
Flame Q Design in Basket, Magnet and Cone
Double Stacked 120 oz. Strontium Magnets
2" Foam Surround For Linear Cone Travel
20-500Hz Frequency Response
96.4dB Sensitivity
Mounting Depth 6-3/4"
Cutout Diameter 10-7/8"
Multi-Connect Lug Lock Terminals
Audiobahn Window Sticker
Allen Wrench For Speaker Terminals
1 Ohm Mono Operation or 2 Ohm Stereo Operation
Wooden Gift Case....
thoes are the ones i might get... are they ok, or what?

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 246
dustin, actually your sub will play 76hz... try it, it just wont be as loud at 74hz. actually the difference wouldn't be noticeable that close to the crossover point

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 248
what do you want out of your system and how much can you spend... meaning do you want it to be LOUD or do you want sound quality, or a mix of both?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
well i did have a 2500 buget... but i was in the army and got discharged for injuies and like my parents (im 19) wont let me spend that much on it kuz im living with them right now... so like 5-700 now kuz i have that cash right now...

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 249
500-700 for amps, subs, wires, box?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
yup...http://www.caraudiodeals.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_24&products_id=354 thinkin about that... yes/no?

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 732
opps my bad, i allways thought it wouldn't play but guess i was wrong.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3444
NO - Audiobahn is for beginners & since u r on this forum the guys here would not advise u to get anything from AB .

that budget will allow u a pair of alpine type Rs or diamond audio D6 subs & a orion or kicker 1200 amp , if u can't build a box , then buy a prefab 4 around 50bux - check ebay 4 ur stuff .....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
thank you Rovin... alot
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us