Constant Noise?

Bronze Member
Username: Tonybones

Post Number: 59
I have a bass noise coming from my Kicker 03CVR15-2 when the music volume is turned down low but, the you can't hear the noise when it is up and thuumping.Is this distortion or what? If so how can I fix this...PLease Help

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1731
describee the noise. 'cuz if it sounds like bass, is it really noise?

Silver Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 291
It's probably a ground loop, reground your head unit directly to metal, and check that your amps ground is secure.

Unregistered guest
it's most likely interference coming from a ground loop. I recomend, if you don't already have them, that you get a "ground loop isolater" and a capacitor. I'm almost positive that that's ya problem. Lemme know how that works out

Unregistered guest
it's most likely interference coming from a ground loop. I recomend, if you don't already have them, that you get a "ground loop isolater" and a capacitor. I'm almost positive that that's ya problem. Lemme know how that works out

Username: Buckshot

Post Number: 5
he could have the gain on the amp up to high

Bronze Member
Username: Tonybones

Post Number: 60
I know it isn't the HU...the noise sound like a stuck bass note when the volume is turned down but, it leaves when I turn the music up and the infected sub still hits like it suppose to.The problem is that sub.Could it be fixed or something?

Silver Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 296
It's not the sub, unplug your RCA's from the amp, does the humming quit? If it does then the problem is the ground on your head unit, if it doesn't quit then the problem is the ground at your amp. A capacitor won't do a thing for that and a ground loop isolator is a last resort for if you can't fix the ground problem yourself. Turning the gain on your amp down may help the problem, but it won't ultimatly solve it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us