Will this work(need good imagination)

Silver Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 304
Upload

this is what someone else did with their 3000Gt, although i wish to put larger subs than 8" RE's in my back. my dilema is those curves that run down the side. i only have 24" between them at the bottom where the carpet is, but it goes to well over 40 inches across at the top, and i would really like 12's. since the box im making now is a wedge box wedged up at the hatch, what i want to do is make a platform that fits between the curves like a jigsaw puzzle. it would be 30 inches across on the top, and then the bottom would be curved to fit into the curves. that way i could make a 30" wide box and just set the back of the box up on the platform. since the box will be wedged angling up, but the actual box would be facing down at like a 10 degree angle or so, it would still end up wedged up a tad bit. is this possible? would it sound good? this is probably a bad idea but im 17 and curious :-)

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 180
it would probably sound fine...as long as you have somewhere near the recomended box area for each sub...if it doesnt sound good ..maybe because of all the uneven parts...just get a box and and sacrafice the trunk space..its well worth it..and if you need to use the trunk..the sub bux is very easy to just unwire and take out..and then put right back it

but if u want the custom like this picture...just go with very powerful 8 inch or 10 inch..if the 12'sdont fit...itll sound the same

Silver Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 312
no i dont want it like that picture, just used a picture that showed the sides that curve down. i dont think people realize what the trunk looks like with the hatch closed. its only 6 inches at the max from bottom to top until you start going up with that hatch. and if i wanted to make a box like he has there, id only have about .44 cubic feet per sub and about 4-5 inches of mounting depth per sub, once i take out the 3/4 for mdf. already tried and calculated it, didnt work.

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 186
well then put them in howveer they will fit..they will sound fine

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3791
Just a random thought here but how bout if you mounted the 12's where the 8's are in your picture but form the box around the outsides of your trunk where the curves are but square it off that way you would gain alot of airspace but still be able to get to your spare tire and use your trunk to carry stuff....you could even mount the amps on the sides you squared off and get carpet to match your interior to finish it off
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us