On top of each other

Silver Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 300
i only have 24 inches across my trunk. i might be getting a really good deal on 2 12" subs from a guy. obviously i cant fit them side by side, but what difference does it make if you put one box on top of the other, as long as you bolted it down and made sure it stayed put?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3366
if u can't fit them side by side then do a angled face (front board where the subs normally mount on ) box.

instead of it being normal flat 180 degrees , make it like 140/150 degrees sorta like how the angle a 2 sided roof is shaped ......

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 302
the reason i cant fit them side by side is because of at the back of my trunk, it like curves down on the side. it hink im going to make a platform an inch or two in the air where it curves, and then just stick the end of the box on the platform and have the back lifted like 10 or 15 degrees, which will give me about 30 inches of width, which should be enough for 2 12"s. ill try to get a ditial camera later today and post some pics

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3368
pics would help alot cause its hard 2 visualize with just words ......

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 303
Upload

alright, this is what someone else did, but i want larger than 8" RE's. you see the things on the side that curve down. what i want to do is make a platform thats flat across the top 30" wide, and the bottom of it is curved so it fit in there like a jigsaw puzzle. i measured it out with cardboard, and it would be about an inch or a little more in height. then i would stick the back of the box up on the platform, since it would be 30", whereas i only have 24" between the curves. since its a hatchback, im making a wedge box so the fact that the box is facing downward shouldnt matter much since the subs are going to be angled up at the hatch anyway. does that make more sense or do i need more pics when i scale out the platform?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3373
i think i get it now - its gonna be a Trapezium shaped box with part of the box down into the gap where that box in the pic is showing right ?

thats gonna be alot of calculations/physical work if u want to kkep your original trunk space .....

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 305
um i dont think you have it, but i dont blame you. see im going to make a simple wedge box. i already made the calculations on www.bcae1.com like a flat base, a angled front, and a flat down back. that way its really easy to get the calculations. then im just going to get a piece of wood, cut it so its 30 " wide, and then ill carve it so it fits down in between those curves. then ill stick my box and just stick the back of the box up on the platform. i made a new post though if you want to help me there :-)

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 306
Upload

see im making a box like that, that way i can have the front face angle up with the hatch of my car. only way subs will fit back there. i just want to lift the back end of the box up and place it on a platform so that way i have 30" across instead of 24. because you see where those curves come down. at base level with the carpet, its only 24 inches. if you go up an inch or two between the curves, you now have 30 inches or so. it would be way to hard to make a box with the back end curved like that, so i just want to make a fillin between the curves thats high enough where i can just set the box down and its high enough where i have enough room across

Gold Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1283
I would just whip out the sawzall and cut that crap out of there. Theres nothin in there its hollow right?

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 354
just make a long rectangle like box closer to the back of the vehicle and have the subs face up.

Bronze Member
Username: Sexy_kuta

Post Number: 82
man i made a box JUST like that angled brown boy above...

for my two 15s.. i made it too small so i fucked it up..

before you flame... this was my first setup.. and yes it was sloppy..when i got the new box i hide all the wires, wrap them up.. and mounted the amp but that was 5 months ago, i got a total new setup
so dont hate :p
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/824018/4

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 311
i cant make a box and aim it upwards. ive got about 12 inches until the hatch ends. after the glass hatch comes down, its about 6 inches from the bottom to the top. not much mounting depth for subs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us