JL w6v2 wiring

Bronze Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 60
If I got 2 10" w6v2 how would I wire them and what kind of box would you recommend i have a thunder 942 2 channel amp and if you think there are any other types of subs that could fit in there let me know thanks

Bronze Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 61
y does it seem like u guys avoid my ?s

Bronze Member
Username: Swishblank88

Vashon Island, WA USA

Post Number: 40
what voice coil arrangement are those subs? im not familiar with them and ill answer your question. also, what do you mean by will any other subs fit in there? Look on Jl s website for box reccomendations but USUALLY for SPL go with ported and SQ go with sealed.

Bronze Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 62
well i just mean what kind of subs would you go with instead of the w6v2s with that amp and they are dvc 4 ohms and thanks for replying

Bronze Member

Vashon Island, WA USA

Post Number: 43
well 4 ohm DVC's. Your amp puts out like 900 or so bridged @ 4 ohm mono so wire your voice coils in series ( wire one positive terminal to the other coils negative, then use the two other positive and neg to route to your amp. Do this on both speakers and then wire them both into the bridged terminals on your amp and youl be prime ) . Make sure you hook it up to the "bridged" terminals on your amp tho.

Bronze Member

Vashon Island, WA USA

Post Number: 44
for a 10" sub the w6v2s are great

Bronze Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 63
thanks alot nick

Bronze Member