3 JL W3's with a MTX 800 watt class D amp

Username: Rswan

Post Number: 1
what is the best way to wire my subs? right now i have the running in parrell at 2ohms i believe. a friend told me i should run them at 1ohm.

Bronze Member
Username: Vipersbyms

Post Number: 35
u run them at 1 ohm and you'll destroy your amp. that amp is only stable to 2 ohms. it will make your amp keep clipping, and harming it.

are they 2 or 4 ohm?
SVC or DVC?

Post Number: 2
im not sure i got them from a friend in know they are dvc's but im not sure id they are 2 0r 4 ohms

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
look at the bottom of the magnet, it will tell you on there

Post Number: 3
i cant really do that right now lets assume they are 4ohms, oh yeah they are 12's dont know if that helps what would you recommend

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
assuming they're dual 4 ohm...

http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wi ring.html?subs=3&impedance=DVC4x2

Post Number: 4
thanks

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2376
you want us to guess at the load of the subs and tell you how to wire them?
get real.

Username: Mann

Minden, Loisiana United States

Post Number: 1
i got some volfenhag 12 inch subs 3 of them and and they be beating the block down.To me kicker's got some good stuff,but i like them volfenhags better.I don't know whats wrong with the people who having problems with there volfenhags,but they doing something wrong,all of mine are 1,200 watts a piece and my amp is 1,200 watts multi channel.I know whats wrong with there's all ready they subwoofer box ain't big enough thats all that is.Im tellin ya'll some good stuff.For all ya'll people who read this go volfenhag ain't nothin wrong with them.All u need is a good sized box like i got and u gone get good results.I know because my three hit 5 times harder then my cousin and he got 4 15 inch subwoofers.If ya'll need help with something i'll be back.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us