Clippin

Silver Member
Username: Graphix1

Santa Rosa Heights, Arima Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 149
I have my Pio. 306dvc sub on a cheap 100w/ch amp 1 coil/ch so its say 200max,although rms is probably 50-100 and when I turn up the vol about 1/2 or3/4 it makes this freaky distortion noise and sounds as if its bottoming out....although its not.This level of clippin can't damage my sub right?

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 305
if you can hear it, than it certainly can damage your sub. My old MTX was barely distorting at all, but my sub died slowly. I couldn't turn it up as loud as I used to. As far as I know, most of the distortion occuring you can't even here. Not sure if that's true or not, but that's what i've been reading.

Silver Member
Username: Graphix1

Santa Rosa Heights, Arima Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 151
oh shoot man ive been playin my sub semi distorted for some weeks now damn!!....guess i have to take it easy for now-lol.Although ive read that 1/4 of the subs rms fully clipped can no way in hell do a shi!t to it im still not taking any chances after hearing that ur mtx died when it was barely distorting.

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 307
it was a cheap MTX, and it still worked after, but it didn't take half as much power/loudness for it to distort. It kept getting worse until I finally said screw it and took it out and bought a new sub and amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us