I was Wondering

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2430
All of the people that are regulars on these forums, could we please make other suggestions then RE and Alpine. I am not going to be able to hear every sub ever made so I would like to see some people actually recommend something that they may have heard, used, etc. Dont get me wrong but RE and Alpine make great products, but if everybody had the same setup car audio would be boring. Just for a couple of days.

PS. Sorry if there are any mistakes, im sleepyyy

Bronze Member
Username: Frkkevin

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 71
I guess I'll start :P .. for all you who don't really like MTX subs.. I run 4 in my car.. the old thunder 4000s. They pound even off some cheap amps. I posted pics of the setup somewhere on here but anyway, I'll try to get a meter to see roughly what I'm getting. It could be a lot louder than it is but they are sealed boxes yet its still amazinly loud lol. friend had a system with two infinity perfect 12s.. sounded amazing. other friend runs two mempbis 15s. that too sounds damn good.. could be better with a good amp. and the old fosgate punch hx2.. pretty decent sub. since you wanted diversity :P. only my opinions! do not take to heart! all i can say is if there is a local shop or store listen to it yourself. who cares what other people think about the product as long as you like the way it sounds.. your the one stuck with it :-).

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 287
I agree with kevin on how your stuck with it. Drop in to a dealer and listen to yourself. I have found that Infinity subs are really good. I have one in my gf's car in a ported box, and it moves pretty good. The lowest infinity sub (10" version) is 250wrms, easily take 300, rubber surround, 2" VC, and a 70oz magnet. I though that was pretty impressive for a cheap sub on e-bay. I never heard the kappa's before, but I guessing they are a lot better.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 652
I'm pretty sure we just did two threads on that like last week.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3324
There are @ least 10 brands & models ppl could suggests 2 other ppl - but $ is usually the deciding factor . ..

Like these taken from good/bad list - Then again not much ppl have actually used/heard them to make a rec

Adire Audio
Alpine (Type-X series)
Alumapro
Arc Audio
Ascendant Audio
Boston Acoustics
Crystal
Diamond Audio
Digital Designs (DD)
DLS
Dyn Audio
Earthquake
Eclipse
Elevation Audio
Focal
Highly Recommended:
Image Dynamics
Inhuman Audio
JL Audio
Kicker (CompVR series)
MB Quart
Memphis (Mojo series)
MMats
OZ Audio
Rainbow
Treo

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1134
please don't put sony down too much. i heard some of them are okay. lol. jk.

i wish people who have or listen to idmax or eclipse ti would post more. i am down to those two choices for my next subs.

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 352
I agree completely w/ chauncey I too get sick of seeing RE and Alpine all the time. I will do my best to recommend what subs I have had personal experience w/ and other subs that I have heard in a normal non show car vehicle.

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 258
The IDmax is one of the best subs on the market. Four 12's in a sealed box...mmm. lovely.

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 259
Does anyone who posts on this site have any MMats subs? Ive never heard them *tear*.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3340
u can see it on www.woofersetc.com

site - http://www.mmatsproaudio.com/juggernaut.htm

been reported that the loudest vehicle in my country right now (a van) has 12 of these beasts ! - unfortunately i haven't heard it as yet .
Have heard a few mmats subs from far & they are very loud !....

Bronze Member
Username: Swishblank88

Vashon Island, WA USA

Post Number: 26
Yeah I want to go ahead and say Infinity Perfects are a great sub. Ive heard at least 3 different setups with them and they have great SQ with enough SPL for me. I just wish I could afford some. Also, I have heard some decent sound come from MB quart subs, and they are cheap too but Im not sure about reliability and such.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us