Orion 2500D or two MA Audio HK2000D strapped

Bronze Member
Username: Rickeyd87

Post Number: 71
ok i am ordering a RE MT12 next week and dont know what to do. I barely have the money for the Orion 2500D and i want to upgrade my electrical system a little too. Should I just order a MA Audio HK2000D which is 1500 Watts RMS @ 1 ohm (at 14.4v) and spend the $300 i saved from buying the Orion and buy a 200 amp alt. If i do get the MA Audio i do plan on ordering another one eventually and stapping the two together for 3000 Watts RMS @ 2 ohm. if i do strap the two amps together for a total of 3000 watts rms @ 2 ohm, which voice coil RE MT12 should i order? dual 1, 2, or 4. which voice coil can be wired to run at 2 ohms?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2391
U have to no that the MA is not going to put out 1500 rms, im not sure the exact amount but most def not 1500. i would go with the 4 ohm vc's because, i no a kx 2500.1 is stable at 2 ohms, and if u go with the ma's u said they would be 2 ohm stable

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1111
don't they also make those subs in quad?

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1112
chaucey is right. ma audio is over rated.

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 701
or you could get 2 RE 12.1 amps and just wire one to each voice coil.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
but the thing is i dont have enough money for a 2500 watt rms amp and money for an alt. i know the ma audios are overrated but even if they are only 1250 watts rms instead of 1500 then when strapped together it would still be 2500 watts rms @ 2 ohm. so if i ordered the dual 4 ohm MT i would be able to run the one MA audio amp to 1000 Watts RMS @ 2 ohm then order another one eventually and strap it with the other one right?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2396
like muddy says save now and get what u want

Upload

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1116
if you don't have the money to support your sub with a nice amp then you should have got something with less power.

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 702
how much is the MA amp, cause the RE amp is only $390 and probally puts out more power than the MA amp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 74
$330 shipped...what do you think is the true power of the RE 12.1 amps? or how about a Wcc D5000? they are the same as the orion 2500d but made by west coast customs... (Rated Power @ 1 ohm (WRMS): 2350 x 1) for $500 shipped. i dont know what to get. i dont really want to strap two amps but i want to upgrade my electrical system. would a orion 2500d or a kicker kx2500.1 be too much for my electrical system for a month or two until i get money for an alt?

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 253
With 2500watts your electrical system will go crazy haha. I would just save up and get something you want, rather than something that will just "work".

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 705
well i heared that the RE amp puts out close to 1500watts rms. i wouldn't reccomend running any amp over 1200watts without a H.O. alt. this is what i would do, get the dual 1ohm version of the mt, get 1 RE 12.1 amp power just one of the voice coils, upgrade the elitrical system, then buy another RE amp and power the other voice coil. now i know our not supposed to power just one of the voice coils, but my brother has been doing it to his cvr for 2 months so i think the mt can handle it for a month or 2.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
yea thats what im thinking of doing. i might just order the sub, enclosure and alternator for now. then maybe after christmas i will have more money to blow on an expensive amp. is 3 cubes with 50 square inches of port good enough for the MT12 tuned to 35Hz?

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 566
RE 12.1 i heard from the guy i bought my xxx from, cuz thats wut he had pushing it, pushes out 1467 at 14v, he had it bench tested and thats wut it did.

and i dont think powering one coil is a good idea, i know dustin said his bro has been doin it but if it were my sub i wouldnt.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us