Bandpass dilemma!

Bronze Member
Username: Hex0rz

Post Number: 20
Sup all! I need someone who knows how to do trigenomotry. I have decided to build a bandpass sub box for my subs. Mainly due to my existing box's cosmetic design and the specifications do not meet the subs parameters.

I have put alot of thought in this. And have concluded this box will be the best for my interest relating to my vehicle. I should inform you all on the dimensions and specifics of the design. (So you know what the variables are)

Specifically and strictly designed around the subs specs., the box contains the manufacturers recommended port size and volume.

Subwofoer Box Dimensions:
1. (2) 48in.x15.5in.
2. (2) 14.25in.x15.5in.
3. (2) 48in.x15.75in.
4. (1) 14.25in.x46.25in.(Seperates the sub box from the two amps that are enclosed ontop. Disregard this piece.)
5. (2) 4.5in.x14in.
6. (2) 11.5in.x14in.
7. (2) 14in.x(?) -Unknown dimension!

#7 is the two pieces of wood that the sub mounts onto. If I remember correctly, a tablesaw can only cut to a maximum of 45 degree angles. Therefore, the sub inside the box is angled at a 45 degree angle. Although, the problem herein lies. In order to find out what #7's length are, I must first apply trigenomotry to the problem.

But I cannot! It has been a minute since I have worked with triangles. So, that is why I ask for someones help! Please, someone help me out!

Or maybe yet, you could give me the formula to figure out the sides using the 45,45,90 degree triangle.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Can anyone help me out? Do any of you even know what math is?

ReLOaDeD
Unregistered guest
pythagorean's therom or tan,cos,sin like tan(45)=14/x shoot something like that I dont exactly understand your question.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3345
well then u r no help to the guy

SO

Upload

Upload...........

ReLOaDeD
Unregistered guest
U neither

Bronze Member
Username: Swishblank88

Vashon Island, WA USA

Post Number: 30
wow i just realized how little i retained from trig last year. I should pay attention is classes that can help with car audio. I think its the square root of 392 though. So about 19.79". Im pretty sure pythagoreans a2 +b2 = c2 works fine. Also in 45 45 90 the hypotenuse is equal to the square root of 2 times one of the other sides. so yeah 19.79

Bronze Member

Vashon Island, WA USA

Post Number: 31
that help?

Unregistered guest
hey I tried to push him in the right direction but didnt understand what he wanted fully ya know

Bronze Member

Vashon Island, WA USA

Post Number: 34
yeah I got ya. Ive built like 5 boxes like that and I had a feeling I knew what he was talking about

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
19.79 eh? Hmm, well once it comes time to build it, I'll find out whether or not you were right. Although, I'll probably get answers from other people I asked and compare. Thanks for the help guys.

I could'nt remember how. I knew that it had to do with radicals. And I don't remember squat about radicals. My graphing calculator has the ability to solve it for me, but I don't remember how to use the thing.

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 253
im still trying to figure out what your asking. are you saying you know the horizontal and vertical lengths of this triangle and you need the 45 degree angle side? if so, its easy, like everyone else was saying. just use the pathagorean thearom. square each side you know, add those two products together, and take the square root of that sum.

Bronze Member

Vashon Island, WA USA

Post Number: 57
dude the trig equation for it is in my previous post. I remember that much. if you want to run it again go for it

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
For those of you who are oblivious, the my question is about finding the 2 unknown sides. In order to figure it out you need the angles. Which are already given. 45, 45, and 90 degrees. Since the angles are the same the adjacent and opposite sides are the same lengths. Well, then to break it, you put your two known numbers in and use the pythagorean theorem.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
Although, I have one more question. With this being the size it is, I wonder if I'll even have enough space to mount my sub. The whole sub box is a total of 48 inches. The sub mount depth is 7 inches. Could anyone give me some insight on whether or not the sub will fit without having conflict with the port walls?

Bronze Member
Username: Gavbo211

US

Post Number: 87
u take 14 divided by sine of 45, multiplied by X divided by sine 45 for one angle. and then 14 divided by sine of 45 multiplied by X divided by sine of 90. solve for X in each and those are ur two sides. i wish there was a way for me to write it out like a math problem so i could show u..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
Gavin, so what you are trying to convey or imply is that I have the wrong answer? Or were merely trying to teach me how to solve it myself?

BTW, with having two thunder 7500's, should I get 1" of MDF instead of 3/4" MDF?

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 187
math.com...it will help you

and im not joking around or anything...any math problem you can think of can be answered at math.com or calculator.com

im good with math but i dont totaly understand what you are asking...give me the measurements u have...and i will get the measurements you need

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 188
u gave measurements my bad..i just am not picturing the box..i dont quite know what youmean

math.com
calculator.com

itll take a little bit to find the section u want ..but once u do it wil solve your problems

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
Hey guys, no need for the math help anymore. I bought the MDF last night. So if this box measurements are wrong that will be a waste of $20... But anyways my problem is how much space do I need in the enclosed part where you see the subs through the plexiglass? ANNND, will my sub fit in the box? Because 28 inches is over half the length of the box. MY sub mounting depth is 7". How can I figure out whether or not I'll have enough mounting depth?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
Ahh so much crap! I just called Car Toys. The guy sounds crazy to me, but he suggested to never build a bandpass box! I dunno, thats sounds crazy. He stated not to do it with any woofer. Then his justification, was the fact of the plexiglass.

This totally, screws me up! Well, atleast I can still build a vented enclosure. Oh well, I'll just trick this one out I guess.

BTW, I been meaning to ask this: What parts do I need to run 3 inch PC Fans?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us