Why

Bronze Member
Username: Redliner

Post Number: 37
just wondering not trying to defend them but why does everyone hate MTX so much in this forum I hear such great things aboutt hem from people from were i'm from and I have them and have no problem with them

Anonymous

see people here are so advanced that if they see 1 little tiny fu.c.king fault or overrating they act like as.s.es and say its a piece of crap

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 265
I have used a few MTX amplifiers and heard other MTX amps in use, and I was quite pleased with the performance and power they put out. However, I'm not a big fan of there subs.

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 984
i like their older thunder amps but their subs have always left me wanting much more. They just don't sound good or handle their rated power levels like they should. I always use the term Made To Xplode and sorry to say but for their subs and speakers it's true. My 10" Infinity Reference subs beat out the old school thunder 8000 subs any day

Silver Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 232
it's been said before... the 9500 is the only sub MTX offers that is what most people would call a good sub. but for the money there is MUCH better out there. don't get me wrong, MTX doesn't make CRAP. but like Wahl said... they leave you wanting "much more"... especially for what you pay

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
so say i have 2 mtx 7500 should I sell them they are 400 rms what kind of subs should I get instead of them that would sound much better and they are 10" and I would not change that for nething I would rather have sq over spl but still want great spl

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
and I have a thunder 942 amp and I would not consider getting a new amp because I dont have that much money

Silver Member
Username: Ford_on_20s

Jacksonville, Florida Us

Post Number: 120
i work at circuit city where we sell mtx...after listening to their subs all day....you wouldnt want any of them. the 9500 is pretty good but like everyone says theres better options for that much money...i must say their amps are pretty good though

Silver Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 235
the new amps look questionable. the old amps are great for the money.

does circuit city even sell the 9500?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
bump

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1709
"i work at circuit city where we sell mtx..."

that speaks volumes

"does circuit city even sell the 9500?"

nope. and that speaks even louder volumes

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4997
Their Class D amplifiers are great for the money spent. Their other amplifiers are also good. They're reliable, put out more than rated power, and spec pretty well for the price range.

Their subwoofers aren't all that great, their speakers aren't even worth considering. The 9500 gets pretty loud and sounds decent, but it isn't a world beater by any means.

Basically, same as everyone else said.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us