Alpine type x

Username: Chevy4life

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 10
how much better are the alpine type x that the type r,and is there any better subs out there for the money.

Silver Member
Username: Ford_on_20s

Jacksonville, Florida Us

Post Number: 113
i havnt ever heard any type x's but the r's are really great subs

Bronze Member

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 12
ya i was going to get the r's but the x's look so much better. never heard them either but at 3000 max they must hit loud.

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 260
Chauncey had 1 for sell a little while ago.....he had a crazy low price for it. He was planning on putting it on e-bay, but I don't know if he sold it or not. You should ask him about it.

Bronze Member

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 13
plus the type x looks like li has not only really good spl but good sq too. in a sealed box i bet they sound even better.

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 777
type x is a good sounding sub IMO... good for small enclosures.. if you want loud though while spending less money get the type r's as the type x's are best used in sealed enclosures.. they do get reasonably loud though

Bronze Member

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 15
ya well i got a chevy silverado extended cab so i got the room but the money is the problem. ill get the money soon enough but i really want the type x's. what kind of amp am i gona need, lots of watts hey.

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 248
I have my type X's running off 1600-1700 watts and they have great SQ...not enough SPL to make you deaf, but they get loud. I have a ported box at 32hz and hit 143-144ish with music.

Silver Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 249
If you need more info on my box, subs, amp or anything my AIM sn is jakeyplaysbass26. or just post here.

Bronze Member

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 16
is that 1700 watts each i hope or not. and if i put more amps on i should beable to up the spl quit abit.thats cool tho that they have good sq but i bet with more watts the spl fould follow. and are sealed boxes the best for these i hear they sound good in theese.how is your altonator doing also.

Silver Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 251
Its a hifonics BX2005...which says 2000watts but really isnt. If you get an amp that puts out a little more power 2000-2400 im sure the spl would go up a little but not too much. they are made for sealed boxes, but once again u will lose alot of spl. My alt. is fine right now its 180amps but i would play it safe and get 200-250amp if you get one.

Upload
box
Upload
box/amp

Silver Member
Username: Islandboy808

Mililani, Hawaii US

Post Number: 146
i herd the type xs are power hungry.is that true.and chauncey just put a another thread for his type x.175 and buyer pays the shipping

Bronze Member

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 17
who nice ride man! ya so they are made for sealed boxes right. if i put them in a sealed box with enough watts you think the spl would increse more. i really like the fact that the sq is good, thats good to hear, but im kinda worrying about the spl too.
also how good are those xxx everyones talking about?thx

Silver Member
Username: Islandboy808

Mililani, Hawaii US

Post Number: 147
onlu used for 4 mins it said

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1106
nice set up there. also nice view through your rear window. that is one heck of a picture you took there.

Silver Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 252
RE audio XXX there one of the best, if the the best sql subs on the market. However the new ones will not be out until 2006.

Thanks chad, the pic is from my driveway haha...didnt really mean to show anything special.

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 286
i agree wit chad.......you have skills dude,lol.

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 780
sealed box will decrease the spl of course, as opposed to a ported..no matter what the sub.. a ported box will always be louder .. asuming its setup correctly.. if your willing to sacrifice sq go with a ported... you could always make 2 boxes too.. 1 for spl and 1 for sq... and also how loud are u wanting to go?.. feed 1000 -1500 watts to each type x in any box and they will get pretty damn loud

AG
Unregistered guest
I have a Type X for sale if anyone is intreasted 250 shipped only has 3 hours of play time...i cant keep it. its to power hungry i gave it 800wrms and it was begging for more.lol ef_ace@hotmail.com

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3451
Nah , u won't get that sold here cause Chauncey has his = $175 over 2 wks now & no buyers as yet ! ......

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2629
yep^^ and mine is brand new

Bronze Member
Username: Jonesp

Post Number: 92
2 type-x are louder than 2 type-r?

wondering if i should get 2 type-r 15's or 2 12 type-x

i cureently have the type r 12's

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1185
12" type R.......500wrms
15" type R.......750wrms
12" type X.......1000wrms

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
i know that but im talking about spl not watts

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2636
do u have enough space for the 15's to work properly. The 15's will get louder since there is more cone area, but the x's will get loud and sound better

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 737
hmm, i would probaly say the type r's would be louder, but the x's would sound a lot better.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
yea i have the space i have an explorer

i listen to rap so SQ is not a huge matter

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2640
then get the r's

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1186
if the same amp used for the type Rs were used for the type Xs, then yes the type Rs would be louder. but if the type x was properly powered, then it would be louder.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2643
but since he listens to rap music the 15's would give him the deeper bass that a 12 cant do. but like i said up there^^ the x's will get crazy loud and sound good doing it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us