Amp Help Please!

Username: Si02

CA

Post Number: 1
Can anyone tell me how to troubleshoot a amp when it goes into thermal or protect mode? I am running a Rockford Fosgate 4-channel P4004 to power my front and rear speakers. I also have an Infinity Basslink self amplified sub. The Rockford goes into thermal protection when I turn on the system but my Basslink is working fine.

I have a 4-gauge power wire from the battery to a fused distribution block and 8-gauge wires to each amp. The grounds are secured to the chassis. I have one REM wire running from the HD then split into two for the amps.

I've checked the speaker connection ohms, voltages for REM and Power and all are within specs of the manual. The system was working fine for months before this. Any suggestions on what to do next?

Bronze Member
Username: Hootz

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 46
Instead of splitting the pre-out from the HU to each amp, run it directly to your rockford fosgate amp, then run connect the sub to the pre-out on the amp. I'm guessing if you're splitting it off the HU, then you don't have a separate subwoofer pre-out so it shouldn't affect your settings or anything.

Username: Si02

CA

Post Number: 2
thanks, i'll check into it tomorrow.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us