Bridging 2 jl 1000.1

Anonymous

can you bridge two jl 1000.1 powering 2 13w7 jls?

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 415
What do you mean? The JL 1000/1 is a mono amplifier. You can't bridge mono amps. Yes, you could run one for each sub.

Anonymous

hm well then how do bridge an amp? is there a place on this forum, i couldnt find an exact place online. not even crutchfield gave me a good answer

Silver Member

TN

Post Number: 418
Bridging an amp is when you combine 2 channels into 1 channel, 4 channels into 2 channels, etc. On a 2-channel amp, you would use the + from one channel and the - from the other channel to combine it into 1 channel which would also combine the power into 1 channel. Some amps also have a switch that has to be set on "bridged mode" to do this.

Anonymous

ook so you hook the one amp to the other amp, or do spice the wire when running it to the battery?

Silver Member

TN

Post Number: 420
You're talking about something else..

Bridging does not mean hooking two amps together. That's called strapping and can only be done with certain amps.

Are you looking to power two 13w7s?

Username: Mellowyellow

Post Number: 4
im looking to power two 13w7s with two jl 1000.1 mono amps. each sub having its own apm

Silver Member

TN

Post Number: 427
Then you simply use one amp for each sub...

If you're asking about power wires, then you need a distribution block to distribute the power. You'll probably need at least 1/0 GA to the block from your battery and a minimum of 4 GA from the block to each amp depending on the length of that wire. I'm not sure of the exact current demands of that amp.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 658
Yep, and make sure you have a beefy alternator to handle that, that's a ton of power.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us