Plus! Audio Converter

Silver Member
Username: Shawnomak

HB, SK Canada

Post Number: 155
Does anyone here convert their music on their computer before burning it to a cd? I convert my music to "windows media lossless", like.. the music that usually plays at 128 kbps now play at around 800 - 900 kbps. I can still fit over 50 songs on a cd even though they are quite a bit bigger The guy at the audio shop in town said he cant notice a difference in music quality after 256 kbps. anyone wanna argue with that?

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3779
actually to be honest with you Ive heard 64 kps songs sound at least as good as some 160 kps songs and maybe higher so id say theres more than the kps affecting the end quality and Id like to find out why

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3780
I think some of it comes down this "using 16 bits" the conversion factor ....16 as oppoosed to say 24 bit ...heres the web link and and excerpt some encoders may do things at a higher rate in other areas other than the kbs

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/codecs/audio.aspx

This codec samples audio at 44.1 or 48 kilohertz (kHz) using 16 bits, similar to the current CD standard, offering CD quality at data rates from 64 to 192 kilobits per second (Kbps). The resulting sound quality is 20 percent better than audio sampled with Windows Media Audio 8 at equivalent data rates.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 662
Also, if you have an MP3 that doesn't sound that great, encoding it from 64kbps to like 192kpbs isn't going to change anything. The detail is already lost. You need to go back to the original CD and encode that track to 192kbps.

Silver Member
Username: Graphix1

Santa Rosa Heights, Arima Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 168
yea thats true cause it would need the original data to encode to a higher bit rate and sound good

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3403
i bought 2 cds from a shop here & when i checked it , the bit rate is 1411 kbps !!!! - can't use the normal amy of volume on my system cause it starts to get distorted but plays ok on low system vol .

i tried converting to mp3 @ normal 128kbps & even though it shows as 128 it still plays loud as as b4 .

when i asked the guy y he burns them that high , said ppl liked that way & no 1 complains ......

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us