How do i wire to 1ohm load

Bronze Member
Username: Bradrgilman

GAlVeStoN, Tx Usa

Post Number: 18
The AW1208T subs are 1 or 4 ohm load 1500 Watts RMS / 3000 Watts MAX Each!
.: Huge 280 oz Double Stacked Strontium Magnets!
.: Precision Heavy Duty Cast Flame Basket
.: Aluminum Cone
.: Dual 3" ASV 4 Layer 2 Ohm Voice Coils
.: For 1 or 4 Ohm Operation

The amp is a mono my planet audio vx-2200d amp. The amp is Max Power (1 Ohms) : 2250W X 1
Max Power (2 Ohms) : 1750W X 1
RMS Power (2 Ohms) : 1200W X 1
RMS Power (4 Ohms) : 800W X 1

So, Would it be better if I did parallel to parallel because it says dual 4 ohm subs to 1 ohm and the amp is 1 ohm? I might not be reading this right. On that website DVC drivers with Voice Coils in Parallel / Parallel
Dual-6 Ohm Subwoofers: 1.5 Ohms
Dual-4 Ohm Subwoofers: 1 Ohm
Dual-2 Ohm Subwoofers: 0.5 Ohm
Dual-1.5 Ohm Subwoofer: 0.38 Ohms

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp?WoofQty=2+woofers&WoofImp =Dual+Voice+Coil+-+4+ohms+x+2&image.x=17&image.y=3

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/support_pages.php?page_id=161

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 223
been through this already, No way to do that, you need dual 4ohm subs to handle that.

Bronze Member

GAlVeStoN, Tx Usa

Post Number: 21
I do not understand that? It says dual voice coil and 1 or 4ohm, so what is dual 4 ohm?

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 262
dual 4 ohm is when a sub has two 4 ohm voice coils but urs have two 2 ohm voice coils so that makes them dual 2 ohm subs, when it says 1 or 4 ohms it means you can wire them individually to 1 ohm or 4 ohm operation or you can wire them together for 2 ohm or 0.5 ohm or 8 ohm operation

Bronze Member

GAlVeStoN, Tx Usa

Post Number: 23
ohh, Thanks! Do you think the amp would fry if it ran at .5 ohm?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3303
yes it would if its not rated 4 it

very few amps go down to 1/2 ohm & the very few that do r expensive .........

Bronze Member

GAlVeStoN, Tx Usa

Post Number: 24
I would of been better off getting dual 4 ohm because two of those subs could be wired to a 1 ohm? I would of had better results with the aw1206ts because they have dual 4 ohm and two of those could go down to a 1 ohm load but the aw1208ts are dual 2ohm and they can only go down to 2 ohms or .5ohms?
Thanks

Bronze Member

GALvEStoN , Tx Usa

Post Number: 25
What does this mean? Dual 3" ASV 4 Layer vouce coil. Does the size matter and what is the ASV and 4 Layer mean? Also do you know what this means?
THD @ 1 Watt, (4 Ohms) 0.30%
Signal-To-Noise Ratio Below Rated Power Output 100Db
Frequency Response 20Hz To 250Hz (+/-3db)
Input Sensitivity 300Mv To 5.1V

Does anyome know how the subs create the bass, if a 15" push's more air then why are some 15" subs louder then others if the others have thicker foam and move more? I was told that it is the amount of air moved and a ported moves air in two places. Also if the magnet has a lot too do with, can you add more magnets for increased power?

Bronze Member

GALvEStoN , Tx Usa

Post Number: 26
Does anyome know how the subs create the bass, if a 15" push's more air then why are some 15" subs louder then others if the others have thicker foam and move more? I was told that it is the amount of air moved and a ported box moves air in two places. Also if the magnet has a lot too do with, can you add more magnets for increased power? Why does the size of wire matter to an amp if the Sub is only connected to the 12 gauge - 16 gauge wire? Then if the Amp has 8 guage speaker wire terminals, then why does it matter if NO sub has bigger then 12Gauge wires after the subwoofer terminal?
So if anyone can answer any of these, teach everyone who see's this! I really want to know all of these answers?

Bronze Member

GALvEStoN , Tx Usa

Post Number: 27
What does this mean?
Dual 3" ASV 4 Layer vouce coil.
Does the size matter
and what is the ASV and 4 Layer mean?
Also do you know what this means?
THD @ 1 Watt, (4 Ohms) 0.30%
Signal-To-Noise Ratio Below Rated Power Output 100Db
Frequency Response 20Hz To 250Hz (+/-3db)
Input Sensitivity 300Mv To 5.1V
Does anyome know how the subs create the bass, if a 15" push's more air then why are some 15" subs louder then others if the others have thicker foam and move more?
I was told that it is the amount of air moved and a ported moves air in two places.
Also if the magnet has a lot too do with, can you add more powerful magnets for increased power?
Why does the size of wire matter to an amp if the Sub is only connected to the 12 gauge - 16 gauge wire? Then if the Amp has 8 guage speaker wire terminals, then why does it matter if NO sub has bigger then 12Gauge wires after the subwoofer terminal?
So if anyone can answer any of these, teach everyone who see's this!
I really want to know all of these answers?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us