Got a problem

james needs help
Unregistered guest
im runnin a volfenhag 10 off a 760 watt 2 channel pioneer amp. im kinda new to car audio so bare with me. on the amp theres one nobb which is gain when i turn my radio up the amp shuts off until i turn down the gain. i had this 10 runnin off of an unknown ancient amp until it blew because some wires touched on a fast turn. this old amp made the 10 sound better than this pioneer and thats not supposed to happen seeing that the old amp was like a 300 that was like over 5 yrs old. is there any way i can stop my amp from cutting off so i can get some real power to my volfenhag?

Silver Member
Username: Infinity_addict

Santa Rosa, California USA

Post Number: 202
to set yer gain: on yer HU, turn all EQ and the loudness off. have amp's gain all the way down. turn yer HU up to 75% of full volume. slowly turn up yer gain until yer sub starts to distort, then turn it down to the point b4 it begins to distort. leave the amp's bass boost off if it has one.

yer amp cutting off may be for two resons. yer amp may be overheating in the spot you have it, make sure it's in a well ventilated area. or, yer power cables may be insufficient. i would suggest 4 guage, and make sure your ground is firmly in contact with the car's metal (all paint or other coating has been scraped away).

James Was Helped
Unregistered guest
i dont think it has a bass boost or well its got a place to set the volts or summin like that but that cant be changed because the button is gone for it but its normal for the amp to cut off or is it just because its shitty? im thinkin about buying a audiobahn one from someone i think that would be a better choice than the wal-mart brand.

but thanks for the help

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 651
The amp is more than likely shutting off because you're clipping the hell out of it by turning the gain to a higher level than it should be. The gain control is to match your pre out voltage to your amp voltage, not volume setting.
The cheaper Audiobahn stuff isn't much better, if at all, than what you have now.

james was helped
Unregistered guest
well for someone who doesnt have alot of money i think it would prob be a better amp ill get the specs on it sometime to see what u think but on the pioneer its got a line on the gain that says normal and thats what i have it on...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us