No power to my subs

Bronze Member
Username: Schwic79

Post Number: 12
I had my kickers hooked up and then got a new amp and went to reinstall and no they dont work. I have power to the amp because it lights up. But when i put the test light on the positive speaker wire i get nothing. I also put it on the red output wire from my cd player, and nothing. I did pull on the wires some to get more wire to reach my amp, but im almost positive i didnt pull them from my cd player. If anyone has any ideas on what the problem is or anything to check over let me know. Also its a rockford fosgate 851s amp and i dont have the corect hookup for the bass remote, would this have any effect on it? I will pull my cd player to make sure tomorrow

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 219
Cant get power from speakre wire......If you have a spare speaker put it on the amp to see if it plays.. if not jump an rca from back of radio to amp. if that does not work, you could have blown channel.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
but shouldnt there be power from the outup rca wire comeing from the cd player?

Silver Member
Username: Islandboy808

Mililani, Hawaii US

Post Number: 128
take out the bass remote hookup. thats what i did when i got my amp pulled the bass remote out and it worked perfectly fine.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
i never had the remote hookup pluged into my amp, the cord i had running from my cd player wont work in this amp

Silver Member
Username: Infinity_addict

Santa Rosa, California USA

Post Number: 201
so the amp powers on, but there's no audio signal? sounds like an RCA problem. you can use a DMM to check the voltage at the ends of the RCAs coming from yer HU. If you get no reading, make sure the RCAs are secure in the back of yer HU, and also check to make sure the RCAs weren't damaged or pinched while running them back to yer amp. if the wire is in tact, and secure in the HU, and you still get no voltage at the end of yer RCAs, your preamp may be blown.

if you do get voltage, plug them into yer amp. wire a speaker in yer amp, then turn up the amp's gain till you hear the music. if you get no sound, or pops, the speaker may have an impedence that isn't compatable with the amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us