How do i wire in series-parallel connection to get a 2ohm load

Bronze Member
Username: Bradrgilman

Galveston, Tx Usa

Post Number: 17
need to wire my two aw1208t 3000watt audiobahn subs with my planet audio vx-2200d amp. The amp is Max Power (1 Ohms) : 2250W X 1
Max Power (2 Ohms) : 1750W X 1
RMS Power (2 Ohms) : 1200W X 1
RMS Power (4 Ohms) : 800W X 1

The subs are 1500 Watts RMS / 3000 Watts MAX Each!
.: Huge 280 oz Double Stacked Strontium Magnets!
.: Precision Heavy Duty Cast Flame Basket
.: Aluminum Cone
.: Dual 3" ASV 4 Layer 2 Ohm Voice Coils
.: For 1 or 4 Ohm Operation

What is the best way? I was told to wire it wire in series-parallel connection to get a 2ohm load. If this is right how do you do it with the mono amp? both subs have dual voice coil.

wire the VC's in seires for 4 ohms for each sub, then the subs in parallel to drop it down to 2 ohms.
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/support_pages.php?page_id=161

Would it be better if I did parallel to parallel because it says dual 4 ohm subs to 1 ohm and the amp is 1 ohm? I might not be reading this right. On that website DVC drivers with Voice Coils in Parallel / Parallel
Dual-6 Ohm Subwoofers: 1.5 Ohms
Dual-4 Ohm Subwoofers: 1 Ohm
Dual-2 Ohm Subwoofers: 0.5 Ohm
Dual-1.5 Ohm Subwoofer: 0.38 Ohms

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 259
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp?WoofQty=2+woofers&WoofImp =Dual+Voice+Coil+-+4+ohms+x+2&image.x=17&image.y=3

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1057
brad only way you can connect two of those subs to that amp is in a series-parallel. 1200wrms for two of those subs will be way underpowering it. it will not sound good at all. trust me.

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 218
only going to get .5 or 2ohm loads. those are dual 2 according to your specs, buy another amp and run one to each@1ohm

Username: Bradgilman

Houston, Tx Usa

Post Number: 1
Okay! The subs are 1 and 4 ohm. According to that chart, if you wire two subs at dual 4 ohm you can bring them down to a 1 ohm I think. Then the amp can handle a 1 ohm. I really do not understand all of this, but am I right?
Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 260
you have dual 2 ohms subs you cant wire them for a one ohm load unless you wire only one to the amp but is your amp stable at 1 ohm is then the question .. that is saying that you can wire two dual 4 ohms subs together an get a 1 ohm load but urs are dual 2 ohms so there is not a way to wire both together to get a 1 ohm load
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us