Can anyone explain this?

Silver Member
Username: Shawnomak

HB, SK Canada

Post Number: 151
I got a Clarion hu a while ago and i installed it, soon after my car start quit working. A while after that, my dad got the exact same hu, and his car start stopped working too. This happened a while ago in the summer when i didnt need my car start, but its getting colder and into winter weather so i kinda want my car start back, lol.. is it the hu that caused the car start to stop working? any ideas?

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 612
What do you mean by "car start"?

Bronze Member
Username: Swishblank88

Vashon Island, WA USA

Post Number: 15
hmm do you mean a keyless entry with remote start? yeah you should be more specific but Im guessing that your HU might be drawing amperage while your remote start function is trying to engage. Im not sure though...you might try disconnecting the HU and trying it again

Silver Member
Username: Mrdark

Post Number: 146
ever see the movie 'ghost in the machine'....

Silver Member
Username: Shawnomak

HB, SK Canada

Post Number: 156
yea.. i press a button and my car starts.. "car start" im confused and u dunno what to do. :-(

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 624
"I got a Clarion hu a while ago and i installed it, soon after my car start quit working."

If you installed it, just go back and check all of your work.

If you have any doubts about your installation, then thats a different story.

Read the dirrections thoroughly before you start. Sometimes there are certain things that are not common. If you do not follow their installation methods exactly like they say, then you will end up with malfunctions.

I am not saying that you are not qualified. You may in fact have done it right according to common ways. However, there are times that we run into specific directions that if we do not do them that way it will backfire.

For example;

I helped a friend install a cheap panasonic dvd/vcr surround sound system (circuit city $100-200 system). Of course i didnt follow the directions 100%. I based myself on common knowlege. When it was all hooked up, we realized that the surround speakers were really weak. In fact they didnt even come on during cd playback. This really frustrated me because i checked my wiring multiple times, and they all coincided with the manual. All for except one thing. The clock had to be set prior to initial programing. The clock initiated the entire programing. Ha Ha Ha at me. I didnt follow the directions exactly like they asked. Yes, the freakin clock. ugh...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us