Budget SQ system

Username: White_z71

Houston, Texas Fort Bend

Post Number: 1
Algith guys, I have a few bucks to spend roughly 1,000. I have a 1997 chevy, but it's lifted so I have loud tires. I want a SQ system not a system that hits really hard and over powers your highs. I don't know much about systems at all. I know I need to buy a wiring kit and speaker wire. Other then that this is my first system. I m ordering everything from etronics.com except for the speakers which are coming from theZEB.com. So far I know what I want a Alpine Head unit 9813 about 300$, then the JBL 600.1 220$, Type-R subs 10" about 200$. Then CDT midrange speakers 6.5 for the fronts 90$, not sure what size my back speakers are, but I figure about 90$ too. Then I just have to find a Box or make one. Hows this sound?

sure_13
Unregistered guest
Doesnt sound like your on too much of a budget. . .I'd go with an actual dealer myself just so you know that everyone works the way you want it. Also you can get better subs than type-r's for that price! Just see what glasswolf has to say about this one. . .

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 479
go to www.ikesound.com type-r's are about $105 each

get 2 to go wih that bp600.1

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2318
not a bad setup overall.
www.knukonceptz.com for the power cable and interconnects
www.partsexpress.com for any distribution needs you still have.
if you want SQ for real, forget rear speakers totally, and go for a good, strong front stage.
get good CDT 6.5" separates up front. even if it means building the door panels out a bit to house them.

Houston, Texas Fort Bend

Post Number: 2
Well Im gonna switch the Type R's for some kicker Comp Vrs. Then just scratch the back speakers and spend the 250 on a nice set of CDTs for the fronts. That will put me at about 1,200 with tax and after I build all the boxes and buy wires. Beter start saving up....thx guys.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2353
I just got your email on this today. I don't check that box more than weekly or so if ya wonder why I didn't get back to ya.
I saw it here first.

look at www.edesignaudio.com at eD for good tens as well.
they make outstanding subs, and they have very reasonable pricing, and sell directly.

Houston, Texas Fort Bend

Post Number: 3
Sweet, I'll go with those. I just got my price quote for my tires and there 1900$ with wheels. I was excpecting like 1,000 and use the wheels I have now, but the tires for 15" wheels are 6 ply which means 25,000 miles. So I have to buy 16" wheels so I get 10 ply tires....which put me at a 1900$ total in tires. And that was money going to this system. So it will be a while till I get enough money. I have alot to learn anyway, so now I'll just do some more reasearch. I wish someone made like a kit cause Im so confused on which wires I have to buy, exactley how to build the box, ect. Jeez this stuff is confusing...yall all deserve madd props on helping me out. Thanks again

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2382
you could always get it done professionally :-)
www.knukonceptz.com has amp kits for wiring
www.bcae1.com and www.the12volt.com have lots of useful resources for information on doing it yourself.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us