Help me choose an amp(and sub)!

Username: Lionheart222

Post Number: 1
Hi, Currently in my 2000 honda accord, i have the pioneer deh-7600mp as my head-unit which is 50Wx4. For my front speakers, i have a pair of infinity 6002i which are 60 watts RMS i think. My rear speakers are just the stock ones that came with the car. Right now i'm looking to add 1 sub and an amp. For the sub, i've got my eyes set on the MTX MXS1204 12" sub which has 400 watts RMS or the Kicker 05CVR122 which also has 400 watts. Are these good subs? Which one is better?

Now, i don't know ANYTHING about amps, so my question is what amp should i buy? a mono?2 channel?4 channel? Also, if i power the front speakers would i also have to power the back speakers? And if i do, do you think they would blow since the rear speakers are the car factory speakers and i don't know how much watts it can hold?

Thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2948
are u looking to amplify your Inf too
or just a amp & your sub ?

If u want more sound quality the nlook @ subs like Infinity perfect , Diamond audio, Image dynamics

if u want it a bit louder then alpine type R , orion, mtx .

Mono amps are better for subs ...

Post Number: 2
well i don't know if i need to amplify my speakers. Will just amplifying the sub drown the treble from the speakers if only the sub is amplified and not the speakers?

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 843
you'll like the sound alot better if you amplify your speakers as well. it just doesn't sound good if only the bass is loud.

Post Number: 4
So i should get a 4-channel amp?

What specs should the 4 channel amp have for my 60w rms front speakers and the 300w rms sub?

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 862
how about a 400wrms x 4 amp. that way you can bridge the rear two channels for the sub.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3015
i think what Chad meant to say is a 150 x 4 amp is needed so 2 chans bridge = 300wrms & u can hook up 4 speakers (2/chan) on the remaining 2 chans ....

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 321
or you could get your sub and amp setup figured out then later get a 2 ch amp for the infinities. you could go w/ the one kicker comp vr 12 get a 400 watt mono amp. then worry about your front speakers later. 1 12 shouldn't be that overwhelming for your regular speakers.

Post Number: 5
well i dont wanna do that since i'd have to buy another amp and have a professional install again which is another 50$'ish.

Can someone name some amps that are 150x4 and under 200$?

Thanks!

Bronze Member
Username: Mojoracer

Post Number: 36
Check out Infinity's BassLink 10 inch powered sub. Great reviews and easy to install for $299
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us