Strange Amp interference? - need help

Silver Member
Username: Sevin7

Post Number: 179
i was driving down the street, listening to my music as i always do, and all the sudden i started to hear this high pitch noise coming from my speakers. I have 4 6x8 door speakers, and 2 2inch subs. The 4 door speakers are hooked up to an amp, and they are what is making the high pitch noise. The noise starts off high pitch, somewhat loud, i'd estimate 60 db. And as i accelerate it gets louder and higher pitched, its almost like a audible rpm meter. I tried just turning on the amp from the battery, still makes a noise, but not as high pitch as the noise coming from the speakers when the engine is on. I pulled out the rca input to see if it would still do it, and it doesnt. So its not the amp, its the input. But i tried the input from my amp powering my subwoofer (seperate set of RCA's) and it still did it, i belive the subwoofer isnt making the noise simply becuase it doesnt have that high of a frequency response. I also tested another amp, and it did it. So this interference is coming from the RCA cables from my cd player. I made sure all the wires were secure, and reset the cd player's power, and it is still doing it. I have a pioner premier cd player. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? I think it might be my cd player, im going to see if i can try my freinds cd player in my truck tommrow and see if it is my cd player for sure. But if its not my cd player, what else could it be?

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 566
Ground wire

Bronze Member
Username: Audiowizard69

Post Number: 23
sounds like ur getting some kind of interference from your power into the speaker channels

marky4206969
Unregistered guest
make sure that your rca cables are on different sides of your car than your power cables or you are getting engine noise on the rca cables try wiring them in different spots behind the dash see if that helps

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 202
I would bet that maybe one of the speakers are ground out...metal on ,metal
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us