1 Alpine Type E, Sony Explod 500watt amp ok?

Username: Boostinzx

Post Number: 1
Hey guys, new to this forum...Anyways, I have a 1990 300zx(FairladyZ) Twin Turbo. It is a 2seater T-Top, open trunk. I can get a deal on a Alpine Type E 12inch Sub(in a box) with a Sony Explod 500watt amp with all the cables etc. for 90$ obo. I have already grown out of the Bass Booming stage of my life and just want something to add a little ummmfff in my sound system. Do you guys think this is a good deal, im not trying to win any bass competions, just want some more boom. Also, it is a hatch so the trunk is open. Thanks...

Anonymous

bump

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2418
I did an 8 grand system in a 91 300Z twin turbo.
nice cars. fast as hell too when they came out. neck snapper there.

I wouldn't waste time or money with that type E. its a baby sub. the sony amp is garbage. very poorly made.
you'd be better off to spend a little more and get quality gear.
a JL 12W0 or 10W0 would be about $99-$125, maybe $50 tops for a sealed box built for the car and the sub, and that'd only take up maybe a cubic foot of space. those subs only need ~125wRMS, so a JBL BP150.1 is ideal, and that amp is cheap, at around $150 US or less.
more than your $90, but far far better stuff, too.

Anonymous

a 500 watt amp would blow the alpine type E really quick, they're not rated for that high power.

Username: Jonnyboy420

Post Number: 2
butif they're both in working condition, it's a good deal to buy and then just upgrade the sub

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2435
no, it really isn't.
the amplifier is garbage, and highly prone to failure. The sub isn't very good either really, but at least better quality than the amp.
what would be worth while is buying good equipment to start.
You have a nice car, I'm sure what you pay in insurance alone would cover a much sweeter system.
Being caution is good. Being a cheapskate usually just backfires.
Know where to draw that line. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us