Need help with wiring amps

marky4206969
Unregistered guest
i have 2x amps one 1000watt 2 channel for my subs and a 800 watt 4 channel with built in crossovers for my speakers. is there a way where i can run power to one amp and connect my other amp to it so i dont have to wire to the battery again?

Silver Member
Username: Brynm

Prince Albert, SK Canada

Post Number: 121
just get a power distributin block and ust wire heavy enough to cover both amps to the block, then use the correct size to each amp.you could ground them seperatly or us another block with the same size wire. I'd recommend a fused block on the power side and a non-fused on ground

marky4206969
Unregistered guest
okay thanks so, are you thinking 4 gauge wire? and lets say i dont want to be bothered with doing that dist. block stuff will it matter if i just run the cables seperately from the batt.?

marky4206969
Unregistered guest
okay thanks so, are you thinking 4 gauge wire? and lets say i dont want to be bothered with doing that dist. block stuff will it matter if i just run the cables seperately from the batt.?

Silver Member
Username: Brynm

Prince Albert, SK Canada

Post Number: 122
Use this as a guide http://www.the12volt.com/info/recwirsz.asp and remember to use the rms numbers not peak for sizing.
you could run two seperate lines but you r probably going to end up cheaper using dist. blocks after the block you can just use whatever size wire each amp recommends
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us