MTX 9500 issues

Username: Stout_ster101

Shawano, Wisconsin

Post Number: 1
i just purchased with my arm, leg, and right nut, 2 mtx thunder 9500's and im broke, and the boxes i have for them are too small and barley big enough to even house the sub itself. so heres my questions one.) my subs arnt that loud, will a bigger box make them louder and two.) does anyone have specs and dementions to build a box to house these bad boys. BTW the subs are powered by 2 mtx 8001d amps

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1294
u need to give the size of the woofers or i cant help you out. but yes, a bigger enclosure should make them louder. also a larger amp would help.

Shawano, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2
the size of the woofers are 2 12'' and they are geting plenty of power for me, 1500 watts to each is mighty good

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1907
always build the box to the rec specs, once u do that u should be a little happier. btw how much did u pay for them

Shawano, Wisconsin

Post Number: 3
i paid amazingly 350 a peice with shipping, and the shipping weight was 70 pounds so both subs came to 700 with shipping and full mtx warranty (i have a few friends in the car audio buis)

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1917
They should have told u those subs arent that great.lol

Shawano, Wisconsin

Post Number: 4
i like mtx, and they are huge so yeah. i think i mgiht be selling them and getting 2 15'' orion h2's. but they did compair the 9500s to the w7 and they are pretty badass, and for where im from, no one has anyhitn near to compair, i also have a 18'' cerwin-vega stroker thats pretty loud

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1918
the h2's sux, u should look at some XXX

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1919
btw they compaired the 9500 to a 10w7 not a 12 or 13 both of which would kill the 9500 of the same size

Shawano, Wisconsin

Post Number: 5
alright, well do you think the 9500s are somewhat decent? you seem to be into this stuff more than i, what do you think of the 9500s

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1920
there ok, but for the money there are much better subs

Shawano, Wisconsin

Post Number: 6
chauncey, what would be the loudest than for the same price as the 9500's cause i can still go n sell these if theres sometihng better in your opinion, i want loud

Shawano, Wisconsin

Post Number: 7
can someone help a brother out with a box. i need some blueprints for making a dual 9500 box thats ported, i cant do this cause i dont understand all the specs in needed to make a good sounding box, space isnt too much of a problem but i dont want it overly big, but just someting that will sound good and bump good, thanks

Silver Member
Username: Quickshot

Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.

Post Number: 428
despite what most of these people say (which have never heard the sub) the 9500 is a good subwoofer which is one of the loudest SQL subs around and still retains good sound quality..while SQ may not be the same quality as a W7 it makes up for it with its amount of output
Chauncey not trying to start anything but it seems to me that you dotn know much about alot of subwoofers and just go on pure internet opinion at all..."They should have told u those subs arent that great" well i say they should have told you that the L7 is a craptastic subwoofer that is for pure SPL and i pretty much guarantee you the 9500(both set up properly) will be louder than an L7, sound worlds better, and last you eons more than those square b!tches

Silver Member

Post Number: 429
go to www.mtx.com
I built a 2 cubic foot ported box tuned to about 32hz and it was loud as he!! and sounded good too

Shawano, Wisconsin

Post Number: 8
yeah, my friend sugested the 9500's, i can do the wiring and all that, in fact thats what i do, but when it comes to choosing box;s and subs, im not the greatest thats why i need someone with a template that i can just lay out, cut, screw, seal, and bump. i like these 9500s now that i have heard them in my buddys box but i do need a box for my car so can someone please help, my internet is being dumb so will someone please help me in designing a box that i can cut out

Shawano, Wisconsin

Post Number: 9
yeah quick shot, i need a dual tho

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1956
I would be the first to admit that i got my l7's because they where loud that's it (mistake). Also quickie u dont no what ive heard and what i havent so i understand that u are not tryin to start anything u could word ur statements diffrent. But i still would never buy MTX subs

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 838
mtx makes fairly decent amps but the subs gotta go.

Shawano, Wisconsin

Post Number: 10
well its what i ahve and i want to go with them, so can SOMEONE HELP ME WITH A BOX BLUEPRINT the mtx site wont load on my comp for specs

Silver Member

Post Number: 432
http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/products/subwoofers/TechData_T9512-04.pdf
22 inches X 15.5 inches X 14.25 inches
thats for one box so just make two of those

Bronze Member

Shawano, Wisconsin

Post Number: 11
the only problem i ahve there is i my car is a honda civic si hatchback, i dont know if i can fit a box like that into it, i have thoguth about it though

Username: Cozmo1976

North Carolina

Post Number: 1
Hey Mike Stout, I sent you a private message. Get back to me and I'll help you out.

payday
Unregistered guest
whats the best of the best speakers

Bronze Member

Shawano, Wisconsin

Post Number: 15
hey randy, i cant find a pm if you did send one so if you can resend sometihg or i can send you my email
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us