Wiring 1 ohm VX-2200D amp with 2 aw1208t 1 ohm subs

Username: Bradrgilman

Galveston, Tx Usa

Post Number: 1
How do I Wire 1 ohm VX-2200D planet audio amp with 2 aw1208t audiobahn subs that are both 1 ohm subs. The amp is good enough to push both subs even though they claim 3000 watts each. I also have 4 gauge wire ran to a compacitor and then 2 4 gauge wires from the compacitor going to the VX-2200D and my 600.4 kicker amp for my door speakers (6x9's are Kappa 3 way, buy these if you can, best 6x9's ever). The kicker amp can take 4 gauge and the planet audio can take 0 gauge, but I only have 4 gauge from the battery to compacitior and then 2 4 gauge wires going to the amps. The subs are in a ported box in the back of my reg cab silverado. The subs are also touching the back of the box and will this effect the sound?
My questions are how do I wire the amp?
What gauge wire should be comming from the battery and compacitor?
Will the subs not sound good if they touch the back of the box?
This is what I have in my car
VX-2200D planet Audio Amp 2250 watt mono amp/1ch fits 0 gauge
kicker 600.4 amp with 4 gauge
2- 6x9 infinity Kappa 3 way 300w
2 6.5 pioneer 4 way
4 tweeters
kenwood mp 5028 head unit
2 audiobahn aw1208t 12" subs with 280oz mag and 3000 watts each
1 farod Rockford fosgate compacitor
1 ported box

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1651
those audiobahn subs are DVC 2ohm....right?

if so, you cannot wire a pair of DVC 2ohm subs to an amp and get a 1ohm load...you could get a 0.5ohm or a 2ohm load though.

also, you could wire 1 of those subs to that amp and get a 1ohm load though.

if the subs are touching the back of the box...that could cause some problems. also, your stock electrical system is not going to provide the amperage that a ~2800w system needs.

Galveston, Tx Usa

Post Number: 2
Thanks! The subs are 1 ohm or 4ohm according to ebay specs that are posted below. How would you wire them and how can I get more power to my amps? Would 0 Gauge to my compacitor and 4 out be the same as 4 to it then 4 out? Do I need a better car Battery? Thanks
Model: AW1208T
.: 1500 Watts RMS / 3000 Watts MAX Each!
.: Huge 280 oz Double Stacked Strontium Magnets!
.: Precision Heavy Duty Cast Flame Basket
.: Aluminum Cone
.: Dual 3" ASV 4 Layer 2 Ohm Voice Coils
.: For 1 or 4 Ohm Operation

Galveston, Tx Usa

Post Number: 3
If anyone needs a Great Amp I can get a Planet Audio VX-2200D Amp for only $300 shipped! It is as good as a JL Audio 1000/1. It has 0 gauge terminals and is huge 10-5/8"W x 2-7/16"H x 18-3/4"L". To see this Amp go to this link http://www.superstereowarehouse.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id =643&zenid=bc344025f67ba33c4edbabb1b0b6aa6a

Email me if you want it or have questions! Bradrgilman@yahoo.com

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 800
get the kicker2500.1 amp for those subs. it should power those subs nicely.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1879
that amp is not as good as a 1000/1

Galveston, Tx Usa

Post Number: 4
Even if the 1000/1 is a little better which it is not, this amp is the cheapest most powerful amp you can buy.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1954
are u crazy or something, we all no that amp is overrated. also the 1000/1 puts out 1000 watts 1.4-4 ohms, if u drop that planet crapio to 4 ohms it might put out 600 rms.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1955
http://pub14.ezboard.com/fcaraudiotalkfrm27.showMessage?topicID=27.topic

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2970
Glasswolf did say sometime ago that Planet Audio is made by the same Boss company & that is their "Flagship" brand - so that says alot too ......

Silver Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 831
Upload how can even compare the two amps. planet audio is not even close to being in the same league with jl audio.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1966
and yo subs sux 2.lol

Silver Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 833
well that amp and sub are both underrated so they should work out well with each other.

"The amp is good enough to push both subs even though they claim 3000 watts each"

that is 3000watts max and 1500watts rms. but you can easily push those subs with any amp that puts out 800 wrms. i know this cause i used to have aw1208t subs.

Galveston, Tx Usa

Post Number: 5
Okay! I was comparing this amp to the 1000/1 because my friend had the kicker 1200/1 was not even better then the tt1250d planet audio amp. I had both of them hooked up and the planet audio 1250 watt was more powerful. I also hooked up the 500/1 from another one of my friends and the 1250 watt was just as powerful as that. I have not tried the 1000/1 yet because nobody can afford that amp. I am sure all of you know more then I do so I will not try to defend this amp. However, if the 1250 watt was as good as the 500/1, then the 2250D of the newer model has to be a lot better then the 500/1. If the VX-2250D is a lot better then the tt1250 planet audio then it would be a lot better then the 500/1 and kicker 1200/1. Also, I know boss is a piece of sh!t, because I have hooked up the 4000 watt amp that is huge 25" and it was only as powerful as the TT1250 planet audio. Most of you know more then me, so I will take you guys word. What subs should I get then if the aw1208t suck. I had the Alphasonik 800 series before and they were loud. I know the alphasonik 15 with the 150oz magnet is a lot louder then the fosgate T1 and kicker L5 and as loud as the L7, because I had those too. I was told that the audiobahn aw1208t was a lot better then the alphasonik 12 with a 135oz magnet. I paid $160 for each aw1208t sub brand new. What subs would be better then these in that price range? I know the audiobahn is better then the alphasonik, T1, and kicker L7. What would you guys do if you were me. I will listen to you guys because all of you probably know more then I do? If you guys were me what Amp and what Subs would you get? Please do not say the 500/1 or kicker 1200/1 or Boss 4000 watt and the L7, T1, Alphasonik psw812, W6 and others worst then those. I can sell these subs and this amp and get all of my money back to buy better, but do not know what to get? Please help me!
Thanks
Brad

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2997
well for $160 u will not get subs with that power rating (that is if those can actually take that power) .
only thing i can think of is RE subs sale starting in December , u can get some 1000wrms subs & use some JBL or Orion amps on them .

Take a spin on ebay & see what u can find.....

Galveston, Tx Usa

Post Number: 6
Yeah, I have tried the orion that is about 20" long and it was only a little more powerful then the tt1250 planet audio. The huge orion subs were only as loud as the alphasonik and the l7's. However the orion 4ch. amp that is also about 20" long is very good.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2043
Orion subs are power hungry (not worth getting). Since ur on a budget u might want to save up and get something thats gonna sound nice and last.

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 251
no way in the world that u are going to push the 2 AW1208T subs very well with 800 rms, maybe 2000 .... but they arent an SQ sub which is what most guys on here are looking for

Silver Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 881
i was talking about one sub.

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 253
Oh , my Bad

Galveston, Tx Usa

Post Number: 7
So back to the first questions. If anyone knows anything about systems please respond. I am tired of hearing all of this bullsh!t about what sucks and what is good, because almost every response has been over stupid suggestions. I am not trying to argue but everyone knows that the L7's, t1's, w6's, Orion, all are not as good as even the alphasoniks 800 series. Soo, I really do not like audiobahn because for the most part they suck, but these are just about the best 12" subs they have ever made other then the awx12t (i think) which might be better. The audiobahn immortals also suck and the A2300HCT 2400 watt amp sucks too. I know for a fact that the vx-2200d is a lot better then that amp because I have had both. SOO IF YOU KNOW how to Wire 1 ohm VX-2200D planet audio amp with 2 aw1208t audiobahn subs that are both 1 ohm subs. I am stupid when it comes to wiring 2 good subs with a good mono amp. The planet audio vx-2200d amp is good enough to push both subs even though they claim 3000 watts each. I also have 4 gauge wire ran to a compacitor and then 2 4 gauge wires from the compacitor going to the VX-2200D and my 600.4 kicker amp for my door speakers (6x9's are Kappa 3 way, buy these if you can, best 6x9's I have ever heard for $140 a pair). The kicker amp can take 4 gauge and the planet audio can take 0 gauge, but I only have 4 gauge from the battery to compacitior and then 2 4 gauge wires going to the amps. The subs are in a ported box in the back of my reg cab silverado. The subs are also touching the back of the box and will this effect the sound?
My questions are how do I wire the amp?
What gauge wire should be comming from the battery and compacitor?
Will the subs not sound good if they touch the back of the box?
This is what I have in my car
VX-2200D planet Audio Amp 2250 watt mono amp/1ch fits 0 gauge
kicker 600.4 amp with 4 gauge
2- 6x9 infinity Kappa 3 way 300w
2 6.5 pioneer 4 way
4 tweeters
kenwood mp 5028 head unit
2 audiobahn aw1208t 12" subs with 280oz mag and 3000 watts each
1 farod Rockford fosgate compacitor
1 ported box

Silver Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 883
you can't wire two of your subs to get 1ohm. i don't know what your amp puts out at 2ohms but i am sure it is not going to be enough power.

go with a 0 guage that way you can split the cable using a fuse distributor so you have a power cable for your kicker amp as well.

also if i am not mistaken, that 1 farad cap is not enough if your amp puts out 2250watts. maybe you should upgrade that cap to a 3 farad.

your magnet should not be touching the box. you need a little space between the box and the back of the magnet.

Silver Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 884
btw if you have a stock alternator, you might want to consider upgrading it to a more powerful one. with that much power, you stock alternator can handle so much.

Galveston, Tx Usa

Post Number: 8
Okay! Thanks a lot Chad! I will do what you said.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3031
2 reason for not having subs magnet near the back wall of box

something to do with wave interference issue -can't exactly remember but i read it some where

if your sub have a vent hole in the magnet then warm air flow out will get restricted if wood is close to it ......

Galveston, Tx Usa

Post Number: 9
Oh ya your right, I have heard of that! I remember hearing a long time ago that you should not cover the subs vent because of the trapped hot air. Thanks for reminding me, I never understood what that meant until now. Thanks a lot, I will make sure there is space. If I was smart I would just get a bed cover and cut hole in the bed and buy 3 or 4 15"'s. I dont think I will be able to fit big enough brackets to make them to fit. Anyways thanks for all the information. I appreciate it!

Silver Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 899
brad what does your amp put out at 2ohms?

Galveston, Tx Usa

Post Number: 10
Max Power (1 Ohms) : 2250W X 1
Max Power (2 Ohms) : 1750W X 1
RMS Power (2 Ohms) : 1200W X 1
RMS Power (4 Ohms) : 800W X 1
Signal-to-Noise Ratio : 100dB
Frequency Response : 20Hz-250Hz
Dimensions : 10-5/8"W x 2-7/16"H x 18-3/4"L

Silver Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 921
looks like you are going to underpowering those by alot. you should think about an amp that can put out 2000watts rms at 2ohm or get two subs that are dvc 4ohm.

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 254
Chad has had these Subs before so you should listen to him .... an yes those subs could only be run to that amp as a 2 ohm load so 1200 to two of those wont be enough an seeing as how that amp is over rated i would say you probably only have around 800 rms at 2 ohms so if thats the amp you want to use look into getting some different subs

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 255
i assure you that if you run that amp to both of those SUbs you are going to be very unhappy with the results

Bronze Member

Galveston, Tx Usa

Post Number: 11
Okay, what amp should I get?

Silver Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 928
brad you can also just use one sub. you can parallel connect one sub to a 1ohm load and connect it to your amp. just don't turn the gain up way too much. in a nice enclosure that one sub can get really loud. you would be overpowering it a bit but not as much as underpowering it by connecting both subs.

if you want to get a new amp so you can use both, then i would suggest kicker 2500.1. i know they are a bit pricey but it would pound the hell out of those subs. it will get really loud. when i had one sub connected to my kx1200.1 it was loud.

Bronze Member

Galveston, Tx Usa

Post Number: 12
Okay! I might do that or just hook up one. I guess whenever I get them I will hook up one and see if that blows away both of them hooked up and underpowered. You are probably right about the one having enough power and being louder then the two with not enough power. How would you wire the 2 subs together? I know how to wire the one. I will let you know next week when I can hook them up what the results were. I know it may varie with box as well, but I bet you are right. Thanks for all of the help. I know this out there but do you think that the 4000 boss may be better then the planet audio because it can go down to 1/2 ohm or does it not really matter because it is still a boss?
Thanks

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2090
1/2 ohms are really made for competitions, not daily use(u would burn ur vc's)

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1668
"1/2 ohms are really made for competitions, not daily use(u would burn ur vc's)"

running 1/2 ohm will do no such thing to a vc.
it's too much power and subsequent heat that destroys vc.

Silver Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 940
at this point your only option is to do a series-parallel connection to get a 2ohm load but if you get the boss amp that is stable at .5ohm then just parallel connect them to a .5ohm load.

Bronze Member

Galveston, Tx Usa

Post Number: 13
Okay! Thanks a lot

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 256
brad do you already have the subs ? have you purchased them yet because i have a New Set of 15 inch AW1508T audiobahns for sale an i will give them to you for much less than you would be paying for the 12's... since you live not all that far from me if you come pick them up ill give um to you for 250 thats 125 each Sub, you cant beat that

Upload

Silver Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 991
bump for cadillac

Bronze Member

Galveston, Tx Usa

Post Number: 14
Yeah I will buy them from you. Email me at BradRgilman@yahoo.com. I will pay with paypal or on the spot.
Thanks
Brad
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us