Newby question about proper setup

Username: Mrdelgado

Post Number: 1
Recently my friend upgraded his system and gave me his old stuff, which consisted of an older eclipse 2 ch. amp, 120rms and an infinity 1000w 12" sub. I want to bridge the amp, but will it still put out enough power for that sub? For ease of wiring I want to take the signal off the rear speakers where the amp and sub will rest instead of running preamps from my Kenwood head unit. But on the 4 wire pigtail off the amp doesn't tell you which is + and - and the wire color doesn't help. Right now everything sounds distorted, even at a mind volume. What would cause this distortion? If you need more info let me know.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2870
u need to post model nos of everything u are talking about b4 anybody can help u ......

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1611
"oh senioooor delgaaaaato was a cat..
he fell ooooff his treee and broke his hat...
the scene was very scary *meow meow meow*
going to the cemetary *meow meow meow*
twas the ennnnding oofff delgatooooo"

sorry. an old tune i recall from fifth grade the name reminded me of. won't happen again:-)
just something to to ponder in the interim.

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 207
lol

Bronze Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 71
go to a audio shop..car installation place..circuitcity

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2873
have u lost your marbles ,Mike - lol wtf ....

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4251
do n ot go to circuit city! just post the model #'s and someone here will help you out for sure. Hey Mike you fall on your head this morning? lolol:-)

Username: Mrdelgado

Post Number: 2
Back to Spanish level one for you Mike, haha. I'll grab the model numbers or just take some pics for you guys after work today. Have a nice thanksgiving if i don't get back before then

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1620
temporary breakdown. i work entirely too hard, lol. nothing a short break from teaching won't fix. i'm receiving paybck for all the years of being "that" student in class.
cheers
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us