No Power.

Username: Joshua

Florence, Ky USA

Post Number: 6
I can't get any power to my amp what so ever. I have connected wiring straight from the battery to the amp and still nothing. I don't know why it won't get any juice. It has some kind of protection thing on it. It says in the manual to check it out, but I don't know how to do that. Please help, I'm about to go crazy.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2252
So you've tried the bare essentials? One power wire and one ground wire with a remote turn on wire?

Florence, Ky USA

Post Number: 7
what is the remote wire thing. it is a plain blue wire coming from my cd player

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 770
you have to run that to your amp or it wont turn on..

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2254
The solid blue is antenna, the remote is blue w/white stripe.

Florence, Ky USA

Post Number: 8
thats what i meant. i had them backwards. OK there is a wire that is connected to my RCA cables. i connected my RCA cables to my cd player, then to the amp. i connected that wire between the RCA cables to the blue with white strip then to the RCA cable ground terminal. I connected a wire straight from the + battery terminal to the battery hookup on the amp. then the ground wire to the ground hook up. does everything sound right?

Florence, Ky USA

Post Number: 9
I am pretty sure that I have connected the remote wire to my amp through the wire between the RCA cables, or do i just need a plain piece of wire to run the remote wire to the amp. and where does the remote wire connect on the amp?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2861
its written as "REM" - usually its located between the +12volt & -negative terminals ......

Florence, Ky USA

Post Number: 10
so a plain wire? or the wire between the RCA cables. and i run the remote wire to the amp and it plugs in on an REM plug on the amp?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2869
its what Jexx said above about the REM wire on a deck
"The solid blue is antenna, the remote is blue w/white stripe".

most modern amps have the REM like i described above .
if your amp is like the older designed amps with actual wires then its a single thin wire usually orange in color.

REM from deck connects to REM on amp ...

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4255
just take the wire in between the rca's and hook it into the place on your amp that says rem it is most likely in between the Pos and Neg!

Bronze Member

Florence, Ky USA

Post Number: 11
hey guys im sorry if i seem so stupid, im not really familiar with this stuff so im trying my hardest. i really appreciate your guys' help alot.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4266
no prob man its people like you we enjoy helping out its the crack head loud mouths we don't and I don't think you fall in that catagory................DO YOU?

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 454
Hey to test the amp, take a small piece of wire, and touch it to your positive terminal, and touch the other end to the "REM" input. If the amp is ok, the amp will turn on with that. You can actually bypass the remote wire by doing this, IF you plan to undo it every night or anytime you leave your car for any period of time, as it'll drain your battery.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4268
or just take a piece of wire anf d go directly to your cars radio fuse that will work aswell.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us