How do i put a port in my box???glass, bacon, anyone???

Anonymous

ok
i have an L710 and i wanna put a 3" diameter port in it!!!

i have a bunch of PVC sitting around so i figure i'll just use a peice of 3" or 4" PVC, but how would i make it stay in the MDF wall of my box???

also i have to make a 90degree bend in it so i'm gonna use 90degree cupling, will this work?

i would use a slot vent but my box is VERY oddly shaped!!!

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2261
you can't just take a sealed box and port it.
the volume is wrong.

Anonymous

i know i CAN port this box...
i used a calculator on the internet to build it and the volume after displacment (sub and port)is well within the limits of the L710 that i have, its like 2 cu ft.

just how do i mount the 4" PVC pipe in the MDF...i dont want it to just fall out!

Bronze Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 11
Yes, you can do anything you want! To solve your porting problems taking PVC pipe and cutting it probably isnt the best idea. When i make my boxes i use PVC end caps. Like when your putting in a drain pipe and you dont want any critters going into the pipe you use a endcap that has like a grill on it. The good thing about the end caps is they have a lip around it. So you can push it in as far as it can go and then squirt some glue around the lip. They come in all different sizes. Home Depot or Lowels would have it.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2300
liquid nails works well
you can seal it afterward with clear silicone
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us