Nothing Works

Username: Alexcrosson

Post Number: 1
Hello anyone that can help. I have a 1997 Ford Expedition and about a year ago I noticed that my car audio didn't seem to work. I can hear a faint tiny noise that seems to be coming from the far back speaker which may the the sub woofer. I talked to a friend of mine and he said it may be the ampilfier. So I went to Walmart and bought a cheap 200 wat amp. (I'm not looking for the best quality just somthing that will work!). Any ways I took apart my back panel and took out the amp and now I am stuck. I don't know how to replace it b/c It has different setup then the one i just bought. Is it really the amplifier? What do I do? Please Help?

Bronze Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 68
any professional place will fix it immediatly..circuit city..bestbuy..

Username: Cusslerfan123

Colorado Springs, Colorado United States

Post Number: 1
Hey I have MTX 375 watt amp,MTX 12in. Sub, 240 watt SoundStorm SMP3-100R. I had the system working for a while and it sounded real good. It is a project car so i was adding extra speakers by spliting the wires on the back speakers, for some reason when i pushed the wires back through the seal it was cut and it was grounding out. I fixed that, but now the amp will not come back on. The ground is connected, the power is 12volts like its supposed to. the RCAs are plugged in and the REM wire is connected, no fuses are blown and it just won't turn back on. What do you think is wrong? Thanks. My e-mail is SamBrown99@aol.com if you want e-mail.

Bronze Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 69
any professional place will fix it immediatly..circuit city..bestbuy.

Username: Cusslerfan123

Colorado Springs, Colorado United States

Post Number: 2
Well the thing is i don't have much money so i can't take it to expensive places to have them fix it plus i would like to learn stuff too.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us