Is tweeter reliable??

Username: Andypuisis

Post Number: 1
Hey I just bought two 12 inch jl 12w3v2 subs and a jl 500/1 amp. plus an alpine cda 9855 head unit. Does any one know anything at all about tweeter. Are they reliable when they install things? Any bad experiences? Sloppy work? Anything you want to just add here please.

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 306
well where I live they call them Sound Advice and they are an excellent store their prices aren't as good as the internet but in some cases like JL audio internet purchases are not honored through JL warranties. I have gotten all of my work done at the Sound Advice(Tweeter) stores.I have been very pleased w/ their work good reliable company with experienced professionals.

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 575
they do what you pay them to do, the more you pay, the better the job. and the jl ais only 90 days unless they install it. you usually get the same thing from web stores.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 643
JL Audio doesn't give any warranty when buying from web stores.

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 578
idk what happaned to my post, but the "ais" is suppose to be "warranty is".

i meant the web stores will usually warranty them for around 90 days still, through the web store, not jl.

Bronze Member
Username: Texas_bass

Houston, TX

Post Number: 55
Down here we have tweeter and sound advice as two different companies

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1658
tweeter is the same as hifi buys. it's a very reputable company and some of the work is better at different locations. the one common factor is they are all dix. they over charge on everything and they won't even speak to you or look at you unless you are willing to spend.
the good thing is that the jl products have excellent warranty through them. if it blows, breaks, whatever, you just get a brand new one through the company. but f tweeter.
i'm looking forward to seeing a couple of their top, stuck up, goody too shoes installers in the lanes *cough* doug potter *cough*

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2064
tweeter is ok, but they charge more then everyone else where im from. if worse comes to worse do it urself

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 335
thats a shame you've had problems w/ them mikechec I have had no problems they have been very nice to me. However I haven't bought a single thing from them i get my stuff on ebay or other places that have had huge sales and then i take my stuff to sound advice(tweeter) to get installed.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4994
They're reliable, do good work, and are good when it comes to warranty service and customer service. Their installers are MECP certified and I haven't seen anyone that complained about their work. Downside is that you'll pay for it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us