Audiobahn....GARBAGE? or "Best Subs Made?"

Bronze Member
Username: Robstbird

Post Number: 14
tryin to prove a point..i want all insight..

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 472
garbage

Bronze Member
Username: Southernrebel

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 53
it can get loud, but when all is said an done...its garbage!

you have to have audiobahn set-up just right and even then the SQ is usually crappy!!!

u have installed audiobahn and even owned some subs by them....never been happy w/ the results i get w/ audiobahn...

i've never heard a "good" audiobahn system...every one i have heard distort really bad!!!

audiobahn is just cromed-out crap...
i'd never recommend it!

Anonymous

i would not go with the best subs made and i wouldnt say they are crap...i have audiobahn and they are decent for the price i payed...and my freind has audiobahn and it kicks a** its one of the top ten systems in town so i would say audiobahn is decent...

out

Robert j
Unregistered guest
it may be loud but sonys you can hear from down the road to. just because it is loud doesn't mean it's good or worth the money.

Bronze Member
Username: Illfaded

Post Number: 31
everyone say there garbage but there a good company.. top of the line.. xzibit uses audiobahn

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2269
a: please, learn grammar and spelling.
b: xibit uses wahtever the shop he gave money to do his ride put into his car. I doubt he knows pioneer from pyramid to be honest.
most musicians don't know much about high end car audio except "it bumps, man!"

audiobahn is popular because they enforce minimum sales quotas on any shop they license to carry them, so the stores have to sell a minimum amount of their crap to keep carrying them. That translates to having it shoved in your face every time you walk into one of those lame stores.
The popularity also comes from the fact that they're cheap, and there's a reason for that.

Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 6
Crap- No Respect for Audiobahn, Xzibit uses Audiobahn because he had nothing to do with the making of his box!

Anonymous

You have to question Xzibit's taste after watching a "P*mp My Ride" episode anyway. Some of the worst looking vehicles I've ever seen.

Someone
Unregistered guest
Yeah ok. Your the only person that thinks that! You must be an old man.

Anonymous

i have to agree about p*mp my ride using cheap stuff. i mean have you seen the stuff they put into those cars? their #1 install product from all the cars seems to be the bazooka bass tube. and audiobahn products, and boss speakers.

Yeah I said It
Unregistered guest
Well, yeah they do use cheap stereo equipment, but the rest of the vehicles are sweet.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 541
bazooka baas tubes are actually pretty damn nice low end fillers for factory systems, people who want alittle kick but not competition levels

also, for people with limited space, they are very convenient - like the infinity basslink system

like my dad...he has two 8" bazooka bass tubes in his 82 silverado - not much room at all but it sound pretty good, especially for how much we paid for it all, about $350 total for the tubes, a pair of 5x7 speakers and a HU

Username: J_capone

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 3
audiobahn is nice

i dont know what these people are talking about, audiobahn is in the top 5 of car audio..point blank..you just have to know what your doing..

i got two 12s..400rms each

pound hella nice..no distortion...i guess it really depends on the amp you get..

you need one with like .001 or .002 thd rating..

thats what causes all the distortion..

audiobahn is a good company..

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2782
James, I nothing personal, but you're very misinformed.

audiobahn is poorly made, inexpensive gear.
If you're happy with it that's fine, but it's not in the top five anything with the possible exception of "cheapest" or "worst" product catagories.

THD is a misleading spec, and is measured in a number of ways that can artificially inflate the numbers. In addition to this, you can't hear distortion below about 10% anyway so it really wouldn't matter. You've unfortunately been misled by the myriad of advertising and sales hype in the marketplace.

what causes distortion more often than not, is lack of sufficient electrical current, or an improperly tuned system in regards to things like amplifier input sensitivity.

forealman
Unregistered guest
ive got 10x 34" subs from audiobahn in a grayhound bus dude.. it rocks.

Silver Member
Username: Newb

Post Number: 130
10 34" subs in ur bus? oh yeah i got 4 sony p5's in my pinto!

h
Unregistered guest
what should i go with?
Audiobahn 12 400RMS or Kicker comp vrs 12's

Username: J_capone

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 5
"audiobahn is poorly made, inexpensive gear. "

i disagree..

right now i have two audiobahn 12s, 400rms each..with a boss ripper amp that only pushes the subs to half of its potential power...and it bumps nice...nice clear crisp sounds...no sloppy bass note sounds at all...everything seems to be on point..

hasn't failed me yet..

i've never seen so many people hate on the audiobahn name untill i came to this board...

their products dont seem poorly made to me...but that's just my opinion..

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2796
James, note that just because the subs may be rated to handle 1000 watts RMS each, they may not actually require that much power to reach mechanical max excursion.
may only need 300 watts for that.
the power rating is really just a thermal max the subs can take without damage to the coils.

my views on audiobahn have come from experience with seeing failed components, and being inside the stuff to fix it in the past.
Like I said though, if you're happy with the system, that's all that matters in the end.

Anonymous

Yeah, ok, actually I turned 20 last week. The only halfway decent ride on there was the 67 Mustang, but Xzhibit does far from tasteful work. They get cars that are running on their last leg and do nothing to the mechanics, but they do put a ugly body kit on it, the gaudiest rims you'll ever see, and a crappy stereo. The crappiest cars to be pimped out, too. A Mirage? See the guy in the Ranger? Bazooka Bass tubes in the cab and Audioblah subs in the bed? I live in a town where twenty is the magic number. I saw 20" spinners on a Toyota Tercel, Impossible you may think? Not if you jack the car up a mere 6 inches.

Anonymous

To quote some other guy in another post about Audiobahn:

"Maybe with all the thick headed Audioblah fanatics, this analogy they will understand. And I'm sure Glasswolf will agree, too. Audiobahn is the souped up Honda of car audio. They're flashy with their "Type R" emblems and chrome, and a little better than a factory car, but then something that actually performs (i.e. any decently built V-8, like a 426 hemi or a 427 SOHC) rolls along and destroys it in every aspect. By the way, the Honda also sounds like crap. JL Audio, Kicker, Image Dynamics, X X X, Adire Audio are the built V8's of car audio."

Well said, my friend, well said.

joe718
Unregistered guest
To me audiobahn is poorly made. Its all chromed out to catch your eye, but it sounds like pyramid stuff lol. If your not into sound quality go for it, but the pros on here really know that audiobahn speakers maybe rated to hold up to 1000 max and burn out at 400 watts. If you wanna buy em go right ahead, im just a type of person who like to do thing once and get it right.

Silver Member

Post Number: 137
umm ok, yeah lets compare a 1.3L honda to a hemi that makes a lotta sense. and yes anyone can buy a type r sticker for $5 and slap it on ur pinto, im sure that adds at least 20 extra hp. dumbarses...

Silver Member

Post Number: 139
umm ok, yeah lets compare a 1.3L honda to a hemi that makes a lotta sense. and yes anyone can buy a $5 type r sticker and slap it on their pinto. im sure that adds at least an extra 20 hp...dumarses

Anonymous

That's exactly the point. A 1.3L Honda can't compare to a Hemi. Just as Audioblah can't compare to a W7.

Silver Member

Post Number: 140
ummm yeah audioblah is crap but your analogy is wrong considering hondas arent crap. theyll definitely last longer than any truck with a hemi. how can call cars that consistently pass the 200k mark crap? yes hemi's are faster than a 4 cylinder. thats physics not material quality man. btw the jl's cost a crap load more than audioblah

Anonymous

I ain't talking about a truck. You wanna talk trucks, My dads truck is a 1983 C-10 Chevrolet, 350 engine in it. It has over 300,000 miles, doesn't burn oil, he drives it to work every day. The only maintenance problem on it in the past 3 years was a frayed wire on the Ignition module for the HEI. My 65 Mustang had 210,000 when I sold it, all original 289 V8, it also ran good. My friend's 1991 Ford F-350 7.2L Diesel w/ 550,000 miles still chugging. It's all in how you take care of it. Honda's just plain out die when they give out. People don't revive Hondas because it's wasting their time. They just let it die then buy a new one. My girlfriend has a 1998 Honda, it needed cylinder head work by the time it hit 80,000. No, it didn't overheat at all, it was poorly made, warped from the factory, and it cracked. I know a lot of Hondas that gave out LONG before the 200,000 mile mark. By the time you buy 3 Hondas, I'll have rebuilt the 350 engine in my dad's truck and got another couple hundred thousand. Rebuilds are only 700-1000 dollars a time. How much are new Hondas now?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us