Im stuck with a wiring problem.

Username: Meat_pops1cle

Post Number: 1
ok,I am new to the audio scene so sorry if i sound like a retard :P. I have a Audiobahn A1300HCT and 2 mtx 12" subs at 4 ohms each...i cant seem to figure out how to wire these up. here's the specs...
the amp runs at 300 wrms at 4 ohms and 600 wrms at 2 ohms... both of the subs are 200 rms. so how can i wire these up to get the best usage from the amp? like i said i know nothing about how to wire speaker and dont know how ohms work :/ anyhow, thanks in advance for the advice!

Post Number: 2
well....i just saw someone with the same problem as i have...let me check bcae1 first :P

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 443
Ok, what you need to do is...

Run a line from the pos input of one sub, to the next sub, then from the pos of that sub, to the amp.

Run a line from the neg input of one sub, to the neg of the next sub, then from the neg of that sub, to the amp.

This is called wiring in parallel, and it will give you a 2 ohm load total. With the gain adjusted properly, you shouldnt have to worry about the extra power, as audiobahns normally overrate themselves a little anyways.

Seth

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 197
Do what seth said ..you will probably be pushing those with around 550 rms which gives you a nice amount of headroom

Post Number: 3
that worked :-) thanks a bunch guys!!

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 445
Oh, by the way..depending on your setup, this might be easier/look cleaner.. You can also just run two wires from the positives on your amp (since it's mono, both outputs are actually the same output on the amps board), to each positive on your speakers, etc.. So instead of amp to input to input, you can do amp to speaker amp to speaker etc. Just so you know.. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us