NEED ADVISE!

Username: Jjones

Post Number: 1
alright, yes u guys got another newbie to deal with lol. iv been reading your forums for a couple of weeks now just to skim the top of this audio system language just so i can get some overview on it. iv been wanting to hook up my truck with one for a couple of months now and i need ur guys help and maybe u can help me get the right system. i own a 1990 ford f-150 single cab and when i bought the truck it had an explode headunit and it already has the powerwires ran to the back but i now know after research all explodes are good for are exploding so what do u guys suggest would be right for my little cab.if u cud just through out some names and good amp and subs comos and ill deal with the prices later. Thanks guys

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2671
well heres a quick guide
Premier for HU
Infinity components for doors
Alpine type R for subs
4 channel amp like Orion/JBL/MTX to push both your comps & 2 lower wrms subs
OR 2 chan for comps & a mono amp for 2 300-500wrms subs .

Post available space & budget ........

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 585
head unit....pioneer AVH-P5700DVD
door spkrs.....JL Audio XR653-CS 3-Way Component Systems
subwoofer.......JL Audio 13W7 in a prowedge box
amps......JL Audio 1000/1 and JL Audio 300/2

Post Number: 2
ok a few more questions
- will the size of the box distort the sound of the subs (duel box or 2 singles)since its a tight space?
- should there be any special wireing i need to do such as parallels or bridging?
- do i REALLY NEED an amp to run the door speakers or can the HU handle it?
- two 12's too much? or will two 10's do the job
Thanks again guys

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2676
In car audio $ is the deciding factor whether your car is a Mini or Hummer .

so post your max budget , how loud u need it to be & what ride is it going in .

when u buy a new sub it comes with 3 box building specs - minimum , recommended & maximum . So that gives an idea how it can fit - also they give the same 3 specs for either sealed or ported .

Wiring depends on the sub/amp u intend to buy

if your subs are not very loud - u can use HU power but a 2 channel amp is not very expensive & is advised .

I prefer 2 12s more - u can buy low wrms subs like say around 15wrms or go crazy like 2000wrms subs .

Alot too depends on your listening habits & available trunk space ...

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 587
jesse-the stuff i posted is just my preference. for more practical setup within a decent budget, superfly is the man you want to take advice from.

Post Number: 3
well i was lookin around 500 bucks but only that cheap
b/c i see nice equipment on ebay for cheap. i was looking at ( two 12 alpine type Rs and an amp i wud like to look into the orions b/c iv heard some really good things about them w/ HU.well thats still up in the air i need to do some ebay "screen" shopping if uv seen some cheap stuffu can let me know...i dont want a CRAZY system just one that will ring ur ears a bit lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us