JL on ebay

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1574
Is it me or is jl subs being sold for cheap on ebay today

Look at this, the item is in america, but the price is in GBP

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-12-W7-JL-AUDIO-SUBWOOFERS-IN-BOX-LOW-PRICE_W0QQitemZ835415 8818QQcategoryZ112388QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 286
something doesn't seem right. his feedback is pretty small and the fact that the auction is in america and the guy wants GBP is really weird. he also doesn't have any real pics of the item thats why nobody has bid on it yet.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4220
have you checked out that sellers list of other things he is selling? there has to be a catch! I couldnt find one so I e-mailed him but I havnt gotten a response yet.

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 528
i've seen some stuff on there like that, but usually they want a money transfer. and the auctions never end, they get pulled by ebay or the seller somehow. and they are always in weird categories like this one. maps?? lol
500GBP is around $1000US, thats about normal for 12W7's on ebay, but the GBP is weird for someone in kansas.
i wouldn't risk it.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4221
this was his e-mail response:
First I am going to tell you some things I think you should know before
ending this deal.I travel a lot and now I am in Eastern Europe. The item is going to be
shipped from europe also.Now, I can ship through UPS air next day delivery. I will pay for all
taxes. If you wish you can also send me your full shipping info so I can
make a reservation on your name .The price of the item is 700$ (as I said earlier with shipping and insurance taxes included). I need some money as fast as possible so I am offering a 10 % discount if we end the deal in 24 hours.Here I am stuck to western union wire transfer.I can't use paypal
because it's not available yet. Just because of this I set up an insurance with ebay which guaranties 100 % of this deal. If you wish I can contact eBay right away and have them send you an invoice with my insurance.If you agree on my terms I am sure we can close the deal right now.
Please reply after you think it over.
Best regards.

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 530
if he sets up the insurance with ebay, does that really guarantees the deal?

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1584
thats so much b.s.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1588
it doesnt state whether or not the subs work at any point in that auction

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1587
everybody if u plan on buying new stuff on ebay, please be careful.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1243
its a scam. im 99% sure of it. because all the major scammers are in europe (so they say). also they use western union because it automatically wires the money to their account and u cannot get it back. they may have some thing with ebay but afrter he sells the 26 items he has listed he wont care if ebay suspends him because he has ur money and he'll either just make a new name or finaly stop scamming, which i doubt. some1 at my school tried buying a hummer H2 off the internet from a guy in europe. he sent his 5G downpayment, never saw a car or any feedback from the guy. do u really think this guy just randomly came accross all these elctronics?

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1244
if he has a deal with ebay why does ebay state (this is copy and paste)

"Never pay for your eBay item using instant cash transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram or by recharging somebody's prepaid credit card. These methods are not safe to pay people you do not know personally. "

Username: Jb2606

Post Number: 1
http://www.electronicheadquarters.com/Car-Audio-Kit-CD-Player-Speakers-Amp-Subs- Box-Kit-detail_id105754.aspx

Is this worth the money??? I dont have a lot of money to speand nor do i know anything about car audio.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1590
no, looks like legecy junk

Post Number: 2
Do you know of anything else thats as cheap? I'm starting from abselute scratch and dont have more than $200 to speand.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1593
is that for everything, hu, subs, amp, comps, box, wires, etc

Post Number: 3
Yeah...thats why im lookin at off brand stuff

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1596
the first rule of thumb in car audio u get what u pay for, u might want to save up and get something good.

Post Number: 5
My cd changer broke i was searchin for cd players and saw that and figured what the heck i might get a cheap system. I'm not lookin to blast anyones windows out. could i get $130 of use

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1247
that package looks like its worth 10 bucks... i mean id pay 10 dollars ot hook those subs up to my 1000/1 and blow the shhh out of them lol.

if u want a new cd player, spend all 200 on that. ur not going to get everyhting for 200. not even close.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4222
$10 is a lot IMO Holy SH!T I havnt seen anything like that in a long time. urban audio used to have a package like that and it was absolute garbage. Urban sole the whole package for $220 so I cant even imagine how bad that stuff is.

Silver Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 171
Getting back onto the topic, anytime someone asks you for a wire transfer ITS A SCAM nobody does buisness that way except for scammers because you can't get it back. This guy should be banned from eBay but chances are eBay won't even mess with him. It's also most likely not the original guy who made the account, chances are it was hijacked bye scammers and since the guy didn't use it very often he has no clue it's being misused. My father and I have been selling on eBay since it was new so we've seen pretty much all of it. As a note to anyone who sells on eBay, if you ever get a money order for an ammount larger than the item you sold, DONT CASH IT it's a fake. This scam works like this, money order's supposed to be for 400, they claim they "accidently" made it for 4000 and they'll let you keep an extra 50 if you send them back the 3550, well a few months later the banks at your door with a fake money order and a bill for 4 grand, and if you think your banks going to help you out when you get scammed, chances are you've got a new thing coming; the best line of online defense is yourself.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us