Have Metro, want Bumps

metroneedsbumps
Unregistered guest
I have a metro, laugh at me, its alright...

I have been listening to some of my friends systems, and I think that the metro would be halarious bumpin' down the street,

Problem is the whole space issue...

I like the way my friends sealed cab sounds...

My musical tastes vary, so I'd like to build a system that is somewhat versatile...

...I know someone who has a bandpass box, but it is either too loud, or it is muddy...

are there any current or former metro owners, or sub-compact car owners out there who could lend some of their experience?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2219
want some ideas? I did a Festiva once, myself.
www.wickedcases.com/festiva/
also go to www.cardomain.com and look at geo metro listings.
LOTS of systems in there with pics.

you can do a good head unit, and 6.5" separates in the doors, whatever you want for rear fill, and put two 12" subs in the trunk in a large ported box, and use a 4 channel amp for the components and a mono amp for the subs
pretty straight forward
then beef up the electrical system to handle the draw

Bronze Member
Username: Koveaudio

Post Number: 42
i drive an 82 chevette daily to school and to work, i have two 15" kove audio armageddon subs and a pioneer 1000watt mono amp, 5.25" memphis components in teh doors, and some cheap 6x9s in the doors, it all fits pretty well and it hits really hard

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
i drive an 82 chevette daily to school and to work, i have two 15" kove audio armageddon subs and a pioneer 1000watt mono amp, 5.25" memphis components in teh doors, and some cheap 6x9s in the back in boxes, it all fits pretty well and it hits really hard

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
mt 6x9s are in the back in boxes, not in the doors, sorry, jsut got off of work, and i'm a little out of it.

Silver Member
Username: Bdb_86

Bemidji, MN Usa

Post Number: 121
my brother fit 2 15" subs into a 91 geo metro convertable i have yet to see it

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2231
I try to avoid 15" and go with 12" in small cars..
15" subs hit hard and deep, but the problem is, they need more room to mature a good solid wave, and that translates to great bass.. about 2 cars ahead of the person with the subs.. haha
Anyway, if it sounds good to you, great, but I have found in the past that in small compacts, twelves usually work out the best.
tens are snappy, but lots of punch and no resonance usually.

Anonymous

hahaha metros are kool man. they're the ghettoist cars ever. you should make it bump. if i saw that thing rollin down the streets, i'd be crackin up. you should put some cardboard bodykits on it too with a 1 liter bottle of soda for the exhaust. Go for it dude!

metroneedsbumps
Unregistered guest
found blue profile msx600, and generic looking "Pro Series" speakers, but lights keep dimming every time the music is supposed to go boom, and sometimes the display lights flutter...

metroneedsbumps
Unregistered guest
oh yeah, found them at yard sale saturday,
$45 for a box 2 12"s and an amp, all attached to eachother too.

sure_13
Unregistered guest
thats truly ghetto if you get your subs at a yard sale! Keep it real. . . haha

Anonymous

its only ghetto if the speaker is ghetto just because you didnt spend that much dont mean its junk :-)

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2316
want some cheese with that whine?

if you want to stop that dimming and prevent damage to yoour subs, get a bigger alternator for that metro, buddy.

metroneedsbumps
Unregistered guest
bigger alternator eh, i'll look for one...

Oh, this system is ghetto, so gehetto in fact, I'm thinking about hanging some tennis shoes off the roof rack...

The speakers appear fine, doesn't look or smell like they were ever used very much, they read 200watts rms, and 400peak
the amp puts out 300watts rms at 4ohms, and 450watts rms at 2 ohms.

the box is funky too, looks like a cat used itt as its perch...

its not junk, its yard sale treasure, which means it didn't cost much, if it didn't work, then I'd call it junk...

The "Pro Series" speakers came from radio shack circa 2000 (at least thats when the PDF i saw was dated), and they were manufactured for radio shack through some licensing deal with Pioneer.

ITs great, my suspension sucks, and because of the box, my rear end sits a couple inches lower than normal, now I don't have to rent a blow torch.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us