Question With Rca's to amp

Silver Member
Username: Cplaya280

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 102
Ok this is wierd I have a A8000T audiobahn amp mono which is 800rms and im running it to 2 mtx's total power of 600rms so i know im overpowering it but i dont have everything cranked up high. Ok this is the wierd part When i plug both my rcas into my amp the subs have like barly any power at all cant even tell if its on but when i only use 1 rca it has tonz of power. why is it doing this is there sumthing wrong with the amp or does it only work with 1rca cuz its overpowering if i use 2. Please help if anybody knows

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 103
The reason im using the mtx's for now is cuz Im waiting for my Kicker L7 to come.

Silver Member
Username: Six

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 249
Have you tried running your Rca's to a Y rca cable and inserting it into one of the channels? Maybe theres something wrong internally with one of your inputs...

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 105
idk cuz when i had my rcas hooked up to a rockford amp which was only like 200 rms it powered with both rcas in

Silver Member
Username: Six

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 252
I'm sayin' there might be something wrog with your audiobahn's rca inputs...

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 291
ya it sounds like there is something wrong with your amp's rca input or a problem with your actual wires have you tried plugging in both the + and - rca's in individually.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 109
yes i did that i i tried all the amp rca input spots with 1 rca plug and it works fine but as soon as i plug the other 1 in with it the amp has like barly any power. and yes i tried both rcas

Silver Member
Username: Sony224422

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 272
that happened to my friends amp. when i installed it in my car with the same wires it worked fine? So i don't know. his car was an audi, if yours is maybe its a conspiracy ahahahah

Silver Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 173
Maybe it's an Audiobahn and they are known for doing stuff like that, or possibly one of your RCA's is wired backwards, or crossed up inside; replace them first if that doesn't fix it sell the amp and get a more solid brand.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us