I really need help .....glasswolf

Username: Cadillacstyle0

Post Number: 5
glass wolf help im new to this--i want to run a fosgate rfx-9020 cd player with 3 pre amp out puts and two amps a punch 45 and a punch 30 hd

two fosgate 10 inch rfz-3810 8 ohm 150 rms / 400 peak subs - single voice coil

two fosgate dome tweeters fnp-3401x 4 ohm 50/100 rms/peak--

two fosgate 3.5 inch frc-4203 2-15 rms /30w peak --
two fosgate 6x9 inch frc-4269 8w- 75w rms/ 150w peak --

1)my question is how can i get my woofers to get down to 4 ohms or even 2 ohms they are single voice coils and is the punch 45 going to make them hit HARD?

2) will my punch 30 hd be able to handle two tweeters and two 3.5 inch and two 6x9s?

3) will all of this sound good together?

4)shoud i swap the amps and run the punch 30 hd to the 10 inch woofers and the punch 45 to the other 6 speakers

5) will i even need that many speakers

any advise will be appreciated

Post Number: 6
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
how do i hook up a punch 45 and a punch 30 hd? on the 30 there is 3 screws for wires white black and red? my question is where do the wires go it doesnt specify?

Post Number: 7
should i go with the fosgate 10 inch rfz-3410 4 ohm or the fosgate 10 inch rfz-3810 8 ohm -- which is going to do the best job in my car

Post Number: 8
can i run my woofers + to + and - to - and then straight to the amp but which speaker wires on the amp do i use the punch 45 has
r + yellow
r - brown
l + orange
l - black
which two of these wires will i be using and what am i connecting them to

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2196
"1)my question is how can i get my woofers to get down to 4 ohms or even 2 ohms they are single voice coils and is the punch 45 going to make them hit HARD"

wire both subs to the punch 45 in parallel, and bridge the punch 45 to single channel. that's 4 ohms to a bridged amp.

"2) will my punch 30 hd be able to handle two tweeters and two 3.5 inch and two 6x9s?"

sure with the proper crossovers

"3) will all of this sound good together?"

thats up to your ears

"4)shoud i swap the amps and run the punch 30 hd to the 10 inch woofers and the punch 45 to the other 6 speakers "

no

"5) will i even need that many speakers"

again, up to you.

"any advise will be appreciated"

let an experienced professional do this install. you'll need passive crossovers built, and an electronic one for the two amps.

"how do i hook up a punch 45 and a punch 30 hd? on the 30 there is 3 screws for wires white black and red? my question is where do the wires go it doesnt specify?"

RTFM

"should i go with the fosgate 10 inch rfz-3410 4 ohm or the fosgate 10 inch rfz-3810 8 ohm -- which is going to do the best job in my car"

two 8 ohm subs on a bridged stereo amp.

"which two of these wires will i be using and what am i connecting them to"

again, RTFM

Post Number: 9
thanx glass wolf for your help sorry about the cross - threading . what is RTFM?

Post Number: 10
will a coustic xm-3 cross-over do the trick? or am i off base altogether?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2224
the XM3 is a good crossover, but it's electronic, and used for splitting frequencies between multiple amps.
you need passive filters built for each speaker, unless your 3.5" and tweeters are a component set with their own crossovers.

RTFM is "read the f***ing manual" :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us