SX and XXX owners...attention plz

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 1001
Could you all inform me of what amps, box style, tuning Hz, and box volumes you use for yours?
Hows it sound?
What is the highest you ever hit?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1583
1 SX 15
~4.5cuft daily tuned to 31hz (138.6dB @ 28hz :-))
jbl bp1200.1

5.5 cuft (spl) tuned to 46hz (148.0dB @ 48hz)

box has sub on the passenger side, port on the drives...both firing up.

w/ the daily port it sounds great...drops low like a muthaf*ck3r. lacks a lil in the 60hz+ frequencies, but i think that is because my box is actually tuned way lower than 31hz. (notice, i peaked at 28hz w/ my daily port...but the port is SUPPOSED to tune the box to 31hz...)

math > me...i guess

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1227
marshal, have u tried laying ur box down so the sub and port face the back? i forget ur car so i dont know if u can do so but i was just wondering the difference in performance? i think im going to do 4 15 inch SEs facing up and ports up and itd be cool to get the best SPL performance out of them but im really just concerned about the SQ and ability to move a sickening amount of air. lol

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1584
this is in an extended cab truck so firing back would have the subs firing into the back wall of the cab.

i was thinking about trying it firing forward though...kinda like a semi-wall.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1228
yeah, you seem to have many opertunities to test on a TL so it would be cool to just see how much, and what the difference is.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1002
:-(( why hijack my poist lol...jk, talk all ya need.

Marshall, any vids? pics? comparison to other woofers in spl and sq 2 other woofers plz

Gold Member

Post Number: 1007
ohh muh bad...i checked ya pro...what exactly is putfile.com

Gold Member

Post Number: 1008
lol every1 at my highscool thinks kicker and audiobahns is the shiz...and sony and lightning audio...and the rockford punches.

Thier main god is the 13W7 wich costs near 1000 down here.
I told em that when i get my liscense and my system tuned that i will have the coolest, loudest and clearest system there lol

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1230
hey i would check... umm damn i forget the site. but its REs official forum. im sure you could find alot more stuff ur looking for there on the xxx and sx. type "re forum" on yahoo n im sure it will come up.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1585
compluva,

i used to have a brahma 10" on a jbl bp600.1 in a 1.6cu ft box tuned to 32hz. it was pretty loud for a single 10" (it did 133db+ w/ amazing SQ...a guy w/ 2 compvr 12's on a kx800.2 in sealed boxes only did a 134 the same day i tested my brahma, and the brahma sounded ALOT better)...the brahma 10" was utterly amazing, it never missed a beat. (when i played rock, it souned like drums in my back seat)

later on i built an SPL box for it and did a 138.2 legal w/ it on a jbl bp1200.1.

the SX15's SQ isnt as good as the brahma's, but that is to be expected. The SX sounds alot better than 90% other subs i hear. (lots of people around here run L7's, it smokes them w/ ease.)

here is one thing that happened to me awhile back and it kind made me laugh...

a buddy of mine had just got 2 15" audiobahn (like $175 each) and had then in a big sealed box in his truck. he had heard that my system was pretty loud, so he pulled me to the side and said, "come here this man, its loud". so i go to his truck and he plays his stuff. it was pretty loud, i'll give him that...but it sounded like @$$.

i took him over to my truck and let him hear mine...all he said was: "man, thats just rediculous"

oh yea...one more thing, about 5 mins later the cops showed up at the party. something about a noice complaint :-)

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1521
RE official form

http://forum.carstereos.org/forumdisplay.php?f=40

Username: Tiger21

Mississippi

Post Number: 1
I got one sx12 in a small sealed box with the directed d800 amp on it in my 3000gt its facing under my hatch and it is beating down something serious. i think my hatch is gonna fly off any day but my friend has 2 orion h2 15s with a directed 2400 on each one and nothing can touch them he bent the hinges on the back door of his escalade

Silver Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 268
garrett your my new best friend :-) ive been looking for someone with a 3000GT forever. im about to get some subs, how did you get the box to fit in your trunk, or did you take the spare tire out?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1011
man i want a friggin SX lol...sut them b@stards at my highschool up lol

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1601
thats how u do it

Bronze Member
Username: Kingjames

OH USA

Post Number: 23
hey matt i gotta 3k and i know a guy on cardomain thats gonna help me build mine ( gimme the specs) and yea u gotta take out the sapre check out hius pics http://www.cardomain.com/ride/788431/7

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1589
the guy in that link says he was doing ~150dB w/ 2 12w6v2's sealed (that aint gonna happen)...and that he guessed he was doing 153-155 w/ his ported box.

i find that very hard to believe...9 times out of 10 you see people saying, "my subs do 150db easily", but in all actuality they have never even seen an SPL meter...let alone had their system metered. in fact, to the average joe 140dB+ is uterly insane.

dont get me wrong 2 12w6v2's are capible of a 150db+ #, but thats usually not gonna happen w/ a daily install.

Silver Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 272
im actually going to put 2 10's back there without taking out the spare. im goin to try to make a wedge box that goes up with the hatch. ill let you know how that goes in about 2 weeks when im done with it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us