WTF

Username: Evry1dosit420

Post Number: 1
I bought a new audiobahn amp and installed it and it worked for about 2 hours and then the two fuses blew on the amp. I took out the old ones and took off the negative cable. Replaced with the new ones and when I proceded to put the negative back in it arched and may have fried something. Does anyone have any comments on what I may have done wrong?

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 513
was the fuse the right size??
whats the RMS wattage for the amp for how you have it set up??
what gauge wire??
and whats going on now?? the negitive will usually always spark a little when you reconnect it.

Post Number: 2
The negative did spark a lil but also the inside and a little smoke so i think i fried it but why would it work for 2 hours before?

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 144
I hope that wasnt somthing you picked up used

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 145
Hold up you said it was new so thats good, Atleast you should have some kind of warranty on it ....Which amp is it ?

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 146
Which amp was it ? What kind of Subwoofers were you running to it an what OHMS did you have them wired for ? What Size Wire DId you use an What Size Fuse DID you use in youre inline Fuse HOlder ?

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 147
Might have just been a Manufactures defect in that particular Unit But answer the Questions ive already left an maybe Contact Audiobahn an take the thing back in for replacement

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 148
Or if you bought it online mail it back in

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 149
you know youre supposed to Take the fuse out of the inline fuse holder when ever your doing anything with your amp right ?

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 150
Leave it up to a Pot Head to Blow his amp by leaving the Positive wire connected to it without atleast taken out the Inline Fuse while messin with it

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1486
lol

Bronze Member
Username: Rowlandbrown

Post Number: 29
<quote>I bought a new audiobahn amp and installed it and it worked for about 2 hours and then the two fuses blew on the amp. I took out the old ones and took off the negative cable. Replaced with the new ones and when I proceded to put the negative back in it arched and may have fried something. Does anyone have any comments on what I may have done wrong?</quote>

You made your mistake when you bought Audiobahn.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5049
What model did you buy? The A8000T and A8002T, as well as the HCT do work well.
Did you set the gain/level on the amp properly?
Most of the time when an amp fails, it's due to improperly set controls and overloading.

Post Number: 3
I have the a8002t. they are the audiobahn compression piston woofers. wired at two ohms. I used a 2gauge wire for the negative and a 50a fuse.

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 173
if you hook up negative and then try to put gfuses back in and they pop, it is most likely a power supply problem.

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 167
you say that you got SParks when you reconnected the Ground wire ? You arent supposed to get any SParks when you reconnect Grounds because you arent supposed to have a fuse in the inline fuse holder when you are messin with your amp ..you arent supposed to have any power runnin to the amp until everything is wired an then you put the fuse back in the inline fuse holder then proceed to turn things on
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us