Stupidest question ever

Silver Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 259
alright this is probably the stupidest, noobest, w/e question ever. ive been reading up on subs and amps for a while now and since i saw RE's group buy i think im goin to hop on 2 SE's. since im a cheap mofo with an unlimited supply of free mdf im going to make my own box. if im making a box for 2 subs, can i just make the box with both subs on the inside, or do i need to seperate the box on the inside, so each sub has its own chamber?

Silver Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 167
you can do either, if you make each have it's own chamber it helps brace the box as well. not to mention if something goes wrong with one, it doesnt affect the other

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1223
yeah and say for example you have them in 1 box that is 4 cuft. if one blows your running 1 off of 4cuft which is too large and increases ur chance of hurting sub number 2. so having the center divider is encouraged for bracing and other advantages like the one i just explained.

Silver Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 260
alright thanks. what about "baffling" the front or w/e i called when i was reading up on it. if im going to be using 3/4" MDF do i really need to double layer the front if im only using 2 RE SE's, or should i only worry about that when moving up to harder hitting subs?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1452
thats not the stupidest question ever this is

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/174781.html

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 476
lol chauncey. that is the funniest.

Bronze Member
Username: Rowlandbrown

Post Number: 25
NONONONO! SEPPERATE THE COMPARTMENTS! Your sub will sound awful if you don't. The volume of the box will be much too large if you don't. The fact that there are two subs won't make any difference but it will sound "flat" if your box's volume is that much too big.

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 191
lol the fact that there are two subs does make a difference. its just if one fails, like mentioned above, that the one sub will have the entire box, which will be too big for it.

Bronze Member
Username: Crazydude

Post Number: 65
if you don't have a lot of space and your subs require a decent size cu ft which your car has a hard time providing, then go for it. you get extra cuft by not separating them. but you better hope that one sub doesn't fail.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us