I'm new to this...

Username: Djbeanpole

Post Number: 4
I've had my "system" in my car for a few months now. I'm starting to look at other stuff and have been reading and researching everything I can but I still have some questions about things I don't get that I hope you fellas could explain.

What is the difference between single and dual voice coil? Besides 1 v. 2, what is the benefit of dual if any?

My amplifier right now is an Alpine MRD-M500. I have never once touched the controls after my friend installed it and I actually have no idea what they do. There are a ton of numbers that I can cycle through to change different things. Would changing any of them be beneficial to better sound? They are listed as follows:

INPUT MODE
LPF
SUBSONIC
PARAMETRIC EQ
BASS COMP.
TIME CORR.
PHASE
AMP SET
SAFE MODE
MEMORY
SELECT

The amplifier specifications list this: 900W MAX Power, 500W x 1 (2ohm 14.4V) Does this correlate with anything at all to my current subwoofer (Infinity Kappa Perfect 10.1D) numbers?: Power Handling, Peak: 1400W, Power Handling, RMS: 350W

I was planning on upgrading (eventually) to 2 12s, and a guy I talked to at a shop here in Indy recommended Memphis Audio. Would my current amplifier be able to handle this? What does it mean for an amplifier to be mono versus channeled?

Thats all I can think of right now. I'm sorry if they seem like really dumb questions to most of you I am just very curious about what all of the technical information means. Thank you ahead of time for taking the patience to read this post.

Dave

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 502
hey, i just replied to your other post. but as far as this one goes, all your questions can be answered at www.bcae1.com site has just about anything you'd need to know.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us