How to bridge an amp from stereo to mono.

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 757
I have 2 subs DVC4 ohms wired to get a 4 ohm load on the amplifier. It is currently running stereo (it is a Kicker 450.2 amp). I tried reversing the positive on 1 channel with the positive on the other channel. I also tried combining both positives and putting them on the first channels positive terminal and combining both negatives and putting them on channel 2's negative terminal. All of them result it in the amp going into protect at about 2/3 volume! What is the correct way of changing it from stereo to mono. Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 761
^

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2486
what does the manual say ?

i think the way its done on some amps is that u take the + from 1 chan & the - off the other channel , try that & post back what happens ...

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 458
lol. what if it blows up.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2489
well then Upload

nah it shouldn't thats the way i read & know it ....

Silver Member

Post Number: 762
Tried 1 positive from 1 channel and the negative on the other. No such luck. I can't figure it out. Anyone else think they know the key to the puzzle?

Silver Member
Username: Six

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 238
both + and - from each channel. I think thats the only other way...

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2496
is the amp capable of pushing the needed power @ 4ohms so thats why it is cutting off ?

u usually bridge the 1 & 2 OR 3 & 4 chan not like 1/4 , 2/4 , 1/3 , 2/3 .

why not try bridging again but this time power ONLY 1 sub .....

Silver Member

Post Number: 763
it is rated at 225X2 @2 ohms stereo or 450X1 @4 ohms mono. I should just be able to ajust it on the amp by flipping the wires, shouldn't I? Or do I have to rewire the subs to get different loads?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2500
i reread your post & realised its a 2chan amp u got right - idk wth i was thinking its a 4chan lol

let me ask u

using the 2 subs connected like this
Upload

if u use the + off the 1st chan & the - off the 2nd channel,,,,do u not hear anything ?...

Silver Member

Post Number: 765
yup they are hooked up exactly like that. If I hook it up how you said nothing comes out.

Silver Member

Post Number: 766
bump

Bronze Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 33
get it professionaly installed or just ask any store..they will tell u right away.. they do it everyday...even call circuitcity or best buy...peoplewill tell u that those two places suck for sound systems...but i garuntee u that they will tel you what to do

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 179
first of all you are going to get either a 2ohm load or 8ohm load per sub, run those a 2ohm stereo, do not worry about bridging it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us