How would these subs do?

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 756
There is a local audio shop here in town that is having an at cost or below sale. I currently have the Kicker 450.2 (rated at 500rmsX1). I might get 1 of those 2 CVR12's in the kicker ported box and try it out. I know they are rated at 400rms apeice but would that amp get them moving enough??

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2476
it'll work but u def won't get the full potential out of those subs ....

Silver Member

Post Number: 759
I am sure I won't. In the future I will probably buy a Kicker 600.1 or some amp to run them pretty good (when I get more $). I just loved the sound of them and they hit really hard and deep. I would have to hear them in my car to compare them to my RE's. I work at circuit city and they are by far the best subs we carry. I know a lot of people will say I am retarded for working there but when that is the only audio place around and I love car audio, its like heaven for me. So incredibly fun helping people out with their systems.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2478
oh i just reread your 1st post that u want to get 1 of 2 subs -lol

if its 1 sub then that amp should work fine

why not take your amp to the place & test it with the sub - only then will u truly know ......

Silver Member

Post Number: 760
ya, oh and when I meant 1 of those I mean 1 box with the 2 CVR12's in it :-). At CC tomorrow we have a 350.2 there which is a step under mine, I might test them with that.

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 653
hey chris you should save up and buy the RE 12.1 amp. its 300watts @ 4ohm, 700watts @ 2ohm and 1200watts @ 1ohm this way you can power your RE re subs perfectly, but then you when you upgrade you don't have to buy another amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us