What would the downfall be

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 182
what would the downfall be of having, lets say, a RE SX12 in a ported box for spl off a kicker kx600.1, and having a alpine type-x 10 in a sealed box for sq off another kicker 600.1 . Yes, these would both be in the same car at the same time. I was wandering if this would work to get the best of both worlds, or is there something im missing that would make it sound bad??? this is just out of curiousity for future plans

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 494
you'd have frequency cancellation between the two subs and prob overall it would sound really bad.

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 684
Unless, you created a switch of sorts to play each sub individually. Isaac, is usually good with those types of things, but he hasn't been seen for a bit...

Silver Member

Post Number: 685
Excuse me, each sub/amp combination individually. Like, to switch from the RE/Kicker to the Alpine/Kicker. That would be kind of neat to see!

Silver Member

Post Number: 184
i was just wandering. I had a feeling it wouldnt work, but wasnt quite sure why. i think i remember jonathan or isaac say they had a RE MT and then they picked up a W7 for cheap somewhere, and i thought they were running them both, but wasnt sure. thats kinda where i got the idea. For now, im still waiting for my SX12 and my sql box built to spec

Silver Member

Post Number: 687
Yes, I remember that similar situation Two4. That's why I said you might want to inquire with Isaac, as he's an electronics wh0re!

Silver Member

Post Number: 185
i guess ill just try to keep this thread alive for a few days and hope isaac sees it. Its just that i have my type-x now, which i like, and id kinda like to play around with it once i get my SX12, like building a box myself for it, probably sealed. I originally planned to just sell it, but now i kinda dont wanna get rid out it. I dont kno....ill see what happens.

Silver Member

Post Number: 187
bump

Silver Member

Post Number: 192
isaac, jonathan.....any thoughts
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums