Wat kind of a system do u have?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2183
its in my profile here.
www.wickedcases.com/festiva/
www.wickedcases.com/jeep/

looking at setting up a new car this summer for IASCA perhaps..
as follows;
2001 Hyundai Tiburon
Eclipse CD8454 CD/MP3/WMA receiver
(2) Zapco EQ30-SL 1/3 octave equalizers
Zapco SP4-SL pre-amp and signal processor (dash mounted)
(1) Zapco C2K 4.0X amplifier
(1) Zapco C2K 9.0X amplifiers
(2) Eclipse Titanium SW9122 12" subs in aperiodic chambers
(2) Eclipse SC8362 6.5" & 1" silk dome tweeter component sets
200A Alternator
5 Farads of capacitance
Optima red top starter battery
Optima yellow top deep cycle RG batteries
230A battery isolator
1/0 gauge power distribution

Anonymous

glasswolf, i thought u said caps are pointless and a waste of money? so why a 5 farad cap? always bashin on people for getting one, but ur gonna get a 5 farad cap?....

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2208
like I said before, the capacitance is to smooth out spikes in demand on the HIGH OUTPUT ALTERNATOR you neglected to notice.

Nothing more.

ple
Unregistered guest
Glass, say if I want to use capacitor for the same purpose i.e. smooth out spikes in demand, how do I go about to decide how much capacitance that I need and where should I put them i.e. one for the whole system just before the distributor block or one just before the sub amplifier?
Thanks

Anonymous

yo glass, i thought you were all into adire? why don't you get adire subs?

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2381
capacitance.. ehh usually about 1 farad per every 500 watts or so is prudent if you want to go that route.

Adire's subs are a good product for the money.
However I had a different goal.
Money wasn't my primary concern as I'm seeking sponsorship from Eclipse and Zapco possibly.
I also like the Titanium subs, but not everybody wants to drop $599 on a 12" sub, or $1198 on a pair of them.
Then again, not everyone wants to drop $2,400 on the amp to drive them either.

Unregistered guest
OK i read so much sh!t up in here and it helped but it was help full so i decided to go with the jl that right jl!!..now i have 2 13w7 but i do not want them to make a long story short IM not getting my money worth jl could of done better for a price like that 750 come on
so i decided to go with 6 12w6v2 that will push better then 2 13w7 IM sure of it as for the amp i think i might go with the MA? that 4400 W and a 950 phoenix gold amp that 1800 W what 6200w that power IM going to hit at least over 165db i almost went with Audiobahn AWT12X i think that a good sub but IM looking for something to stop your show.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 495
if you want something to "stop our show"

4 15" brahma extremes...with two C2K4KW running them, you will stop everyones show...

but also bust your bank account doing so..

wow...GW, can you image that? lol...

Anonymous

yea sponsorship from eclipse, when your only using subs, a couple speakers, and a head unit from them. better go all out with amps, crossovers, eq's, and tv's from ONE company, drop zapco. eclipse makes it all, thats your only chance. and they're for sq not spl, so why would you even use zapco amps, mcintosh would be a better bet if not all out eclipse since, "Money wasn't my primary concern".

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2514
you've apparently no knowledge of Zapco what so ever. I've also dealt with companies like Fujitsu Ten before and I know exactly what would be involved in sponsorship. That being said, I'm not going to bother answering teh rest.

I actually already dropped going with Eclipse anyway because I decided to use their source, and switch to DynAudio for a front stage, dropped rear fill entirely, and might end up changing subs as well.
I haven't entirely decided but I have time to make up my mind.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us