True watts on ajl 1000/1

incognito
Unregistered guest
i had i ppi 1600 watt just burned up ....then put in jl 1000/1 and it like twice as louud..but it only 1000 watts?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1409
is the ppi rated 1600 watts at 14.4 volts or 12

incognito
Unregistered guest
not shure it a pcx 24000...it burned up last night...and i had the jl sitting around had a 13.5 w7 i dont like it...but i do tink its a 14.4

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2460
is that 1600 MAx watts or was it the way your sub(s) was wired ?

well now that proves what 1000wrms or so of pure clean undistorted power can do ......

incognito
Unregistered guest
true .....had it for a wile bought it used and ran it with my 15's then last night heard a pop then it was gone was a good amp ....it did have a 0.02thd and it did crank but i guss i pushed it i little to hard but the jl save my asssss:-)

Silver Member
Username: Lanzarchamp

Bakersfield, California United States

Post Number: 242
you dont like ur 13.5 w7, everyone i know that has one has never had any complaints about it>

is the sq not good, or was it the spl output you didn't like

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 183
it doesnt seem like anyone clarified this yet, but the jl has a regulated power supply, meaning it puts out a true 1000 w all the time, even from 11-14.5 V, and at 1.5-4 ohm. I hope to get one, one day.

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 679
"and i had the jl sitting around had a 13.5 w7 i dont like it" - Dude, if you don't want that, what do you want for it? I'd give you about $300! I mean, you don't want/like it, and it's used...Plus the chance I wouldn't like it...

Silver Member

Post Number: 680
Or ya know, you could just send it to me for free. I'd appreciate it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 681
I could hook that beast up to my Audiobahn A8000T. It's 750W RMS right? I can run 800W RMS to it! w00t! You know you want to give me that W7!

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 452
13w7 is 1000wrms but can handle more cause its underrated. it is also dvc 3ohm. there is no way of hooking that sub up to a8000t.

Silver Member

Post Number: 690
Well, Chad, that statement isn't totally true. There's a way to hook up any speaker to ANY amplifier, be it a 1000W RMS JL Audio 13w7 to a 10W RMS Kenwood 1980's KR-2600. Whether it will be POWERED correctly is another story.

As far as the ohms go, as long as it didn't go below 2 ohms, the A8000T can be run at 3 ohms, they just don't offer a power output for it at that impedance.

I could be wrong, but Chad, your statement is rather misinformed.

Silver Member

Post Number: 691
Actually, I just checked and since I would be running ONE 13w7, it is very much possible. The drivers are 1.5ohm DVC, not 3 ohm. At least that's what JL's site says, but there's always the possibility they could have no idea what their subs are rated at...

Anyways, so wiring one 1.5ohm DVC sub in series gives you 3 ohms. I would be running a bit under 800W RMS, probably like 650-725ish, but it could still be done.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2499
to put an Audiobutt amp on a 13w7 is just a disgrace - sorta like a stray dog jumping a prized pedigree doberman ........
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us